1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

David Morales @ 270 Spadina

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by kaniz, Oct 13, 2005.

1. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Saw him during the Stereo NYE party and enjoyed him enough, but cant really go out of my way to say I'm a big fan of him.

Actually more curious to what's going to be happening with the old Boa space than anything, but depending on funds - I may be curious to check it out.

anyone have any more dets on whats happening to the space? is this going to be a 1-off thing? or is a real club going to be being put in there?

2. HouseHeadSacha

HouseHeadSacha TRIBE Member

3. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

Nov 12th

4. bryan05

bryan05 TRIBE Member

morales

i'm really excited to see him! I always loved seeing him at stereo in montreal when i lived there and cant wait to see him in November. Saw him at BOA in May with Frankie Knuckles. Really great time. He knows how to play for the crowd and never dissapoints!

I would really love to know what exactly is going on with that space too! Most important... the sound!! Someone please do tell :)

Bryan

5. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

disclaimer: Rumor mill, just things I've read on other message boards.

- The sound system is following Rony to their new space at the old Turbo, re-opening with Lowend Specalists headlining, Nevio opening, and Jo Jo Flores doing an extended set in the basement, also decked out with a Dynchord system.

- Apparently, Caery is working with Stereo to make use of the old Boa space, and since the night is called "La Vie En Stereo", lets hope that rumour is true, and it becomes a regular thing with the same people who are running stereo and a killer system.

I'm excited for boa's re-opening, but also a bit concerned over it being in the middle of club land (which I hate), and now being liscenced. I enjoyed the booze-free vibe of the old boa, and also part of why I loved places like Stereo so much.

Saw David @ the NYE extended party, I remember at first thinking "this stuff is way to happy and upliffting for me", but ended up getting into it anyways and having an amazing time.

Depending on my funds ($30 cover), I may check it out regardless, as my 'listen at home' sensabilities tell me I dont like it, but that sound on a system like stereo/boa's/etc, is amazing.

6. torontobarfly

torontobarfly TRIBE Member

i'll probably be there......interested to see what the space looks like now...plus morales always spins a fun party...

-pretty girls
    -pretty bois
    -good music
    -good vibe

nuff said:p

7. bryan05

bryan05 TRIBE Member

i heard about the stereo rumour too. I think they are just using the name "La Vie En Stereo" which is what they use in montreal for david morales nights.

I would be surprised to see the old stereo system in this location. The reason they changed it was because it was getting old and not working to its potential...but who knows. with some work, maybe its possible. im no expert in that area! LOL

I am also concerned about the new BOA location. In the middle of the clubbing area it is bound to attract a new type of clientele which may not be what we expect to see. The old BOA was a place for everyone who loved the music. no Attitude, no descrimination whether you are gay / straight. i worry about those things in the new location.

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Definately would love to hit this up...saw Morales @ Boa on the long weekend in May, and he played a solid set...and the kaskade remix of here i am has been tops on the ipod...

[​IMG]

9. slave2da dncflr

slave2da dncflr TRIBE Member

i will be the first one there......

10. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Man...if you only knew how great this night is gonna be...gonna be a scorcher

[​IMG]

11. HouseHeadSacha

HouseHeadSacha TRIBE Member

yes and yes

12. Aussie Paul

Aussie Paul TRIBE Member

I spoke to David at his Defmix closing party in Ibiza, and from the converation believe this night is going to be very special.

I have partied all across Europe this Summer including 2 trips to Ibiza. I must say that there is something very special with the spaces at both Stereo in Mtrl & 270 Spadina in TO. I think many people in TO really don't know what you have at your fingertips.

Wish i could be there...........
    AP

13. BlueEyedMonster

BlueEyedMonster TRIBE Member

How would you feel?

i swear last time i saw him at Boa he was having sex in the dj booth

14. VinylRach

VinylRach TRIBE Promoter

David Morales and Frankie Knuckles will only (or since the previous location of Boa was open) play at 270 Spadina. I saw David at Boa when he was here with frankie knuckles (WHO I GOT TO MEET!!!) AND HE ROCKED the house. the best was when he had the woman come up on stage and sing to the track it was HOT.
    THIS GUY will rock your world. i hope i can come

(btw check out the vinyl junkies in the basement they're pretty great too :D )

15. VinylRach

VinylRach TRIBE Promoter

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

they call him "the Meat" for a reason too
    ;)

17. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

18. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

PAUL!!!

We wish you were here too man...there will something just a little *off* with you not around with David Morales playing in Toronto...maybe I could take over your crown as king trainspotter?...lol

19. LittleMissDJ

LittleMissDJ TRIBE Member

*sings*
    needing you....needing you ..... doo doo doo doo dooo

20. bryan05

bryan05 TRIBE Member

La Vie En Stereo

I could of sworn I heard Needin' you at FLY last night. LOL. I was pretty much "gone", so maybe i was imagining it in anticipation of next weekend!

I'm all set!!! The countdown begins!!

Anyone have any idea what time he will come on? Im guessing around 4:30 or 5?

21. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

4 more sleeps!...had a blast last time Morales was in town, and this time around should be even better.

22. torontobarfly

torontobarfly TRIBE Member

since doors don't open until 1am is it safe to assume this won't be licensed? sneak's birthday beats was, but i think it opened earlier......

23. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

WOOP WOOP!

Can't wait for Saturday...just a part of a complete weekend:D

24. bryan05

bryan05 TRIBE Member

set-times anyone?

25. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

paul you're making me teary... that night at stereo will not be forgotten any time soon.

i was holding out on this one, just cause i know he doesn't give it like he does in montreal, but now that all this new shit has come to light i'm starting to come around.

perhaps...