• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Dave Ralph!

Hamza

TRIBE Member
YES YES YES!!!

Source: www.inkblotmagazine.com/ rev-archive/Dave_Ralp...

Right off the bat, let’s get the record straight. I am first and foremost a total House-head when it comes to the world of electronic music, and as such, trance should be my archenemy. However, I’ve got to admit that I do have a soft spot in my heart for the stuff because I have several close friends who treat it like a religion. One of these guys once sported a Kinetic shirt that said "Give trance a chance," and although I have given him much grief about that shirt, I think that if ever there was a time to apply that slogan, it is with Tranceport II.

Tranceport II is Dave Ralph’s first full-length release, and basically, the man broke out a can of whoop-ass and kicked Paul Oakenfold’s Tranceport disc to the curb. Hell, I like Oakenfold, and Tranceport has some great anthems on it, but that is precisely why it gets such a sound beating from its follow-up. Tranceport II is two full discs of melodic, hard-hitting progressive trance (and yes it’s possible to be melodic and hard-hitting at the same time), but best of all, Dave Ralph generally avoids the tired tracks that everyone and their mother knows. Ralph also proves that he is a sick mixer, but hey, that’s bound to happen when you’ve been playing with records for as long as he has.

The first disc, "Departures," is much darker than "Arrivals," and has fewer vocals. The second track, Jam & Spoon’s "Stella" is super-dope, as is Sasha’s "Belfunk." Although both discs are wickedly mixed, "Arrivals" is a more uplifting ride. In one word, it’s beautiful. Fragma’s "Toca me" and DJ Eyal’s "Dreamcatcher" are two of my favorites, but it really is moving from beginning to end. It makes you want to close your eyes and wave your arms in the air...hey is THAT why all those trance-junkies dance that way? Sorry. I couldn’t resist.

vinder

TRIBE Member
last few times he's been here though he blew.

the first time i ever saw him (connected 2001) was the best time. been kinda downhill since then.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Yup, from theguv website:

ULTRA SPIN 10
Saturday May 6, 2006
ENTIRE COMPLEX

GUVERNMENT
DAVE RALPH daveralph.com
MARK OLIVER markoliver.ca

KOOL HAUS
YOJI BIOMEHANIKA yojibiomehanika.com
GUY ORNADEL guyornadel.com
RANK 1 rank-1.com
BRAD GOLDFINGER

THE DRINK
AXWELL axwell.co.uk
MANZONE & STRONG

DJ Aristotle - Orange Room
George William - Acid Lounge
4 Korners - D'Luxe Lounge
Sydney Blu, Deko-ze, Addy - The Gallery

and yeah, I kind of agree with what Vinder said. I haven't heard anything from him in the last 5 years, I associate him with 5 years ago. First time I saw him was at a FTWK @ Tonic event I believe.

Axwell should be fun though.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
SneakyPete said:
First time I saw him was at a FTWK @ Tonic event I believe.

i was there too!! next i saw him at Cream in Montreal, I think. it was really good.

GUV=meh.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
SneakyPete said:
THE DRINK
AXWELL axwell.co.uk
MANZONE & STRONG
You won't find me in any other room this night...Axwell is the fuckin' bomb, and it's about damn time he touched down in T.O....now only if Angello would make a return, and bring Ingrosso & Prydz along with him...;)

Hamza

TRIBE Member
meh - Dave's last release was NICE.

More rooom for me and the E-ed out oriental family in the guv then!

I don't think those guys ever know who is playing....more like "oooo lasers"

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain