1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dave Matthews Band @ Molson Amphitheatre

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by tobywan, Aug 31, 2003.

1. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

I've known about this since it was announced, but never considered it until my sister ended up with an extra ticket just yesterday....over the years, I've grown to like the DMB sound...and I'll be ecstatic to hear "The Space Between", and "Where are you going?" live.

Should be a good one on wednesday...

T.O.B'

2. Jay P

Jay P TRIBE Member

Ya It should be a good show!

3. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

Ive been a pretty loyal fan since about 1990 when he released the independant disc "recently" as a college band. I am going to the show but to be honest they aren't as energetic as they used to be. Anyone who was at the concert hall in 94 with g love can attest to that. They used to have this crazy energy and the crowd would get down. Then with success came depression and mathews started writing sad dark songs. Their live show was boring and lifeless. I have to admit seeing them on the last tour i was pleasantly surprised to see them go back to their roots a bit and bring the funk. I guess im going to this show in hopes that they will be back at their true form. Funky with upbeat jams and not necessarily just promoting a new album. a great band overall just blew up far to large and far too fast, which cost them a vibe. Hopefully itll be a good show though(for the 65 bucks a lawn or whatever it was i sure hope so cause their show seemed to be much better when they charged 20)

4. Big League Chu

Big League Chu TRIBE Member

I fucking CAn't WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope they bust out "two step" and "stay".
    I hope its hot and it rains only while performing "stay".

5. sweetdaddy

sweetdaddy TRIBE Member

Dave Mathews Band.......like the band that sounds like grateful dead with a big injection of michael bolton and phil collins?

if the guy didn't sing so many stupid lyrics and they just jammed, they would be a way better band.

see ya there.

6. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Hey, where's everyone sitting?

I think my seat is right near the front of the 200 section....so, about 30-40 feet from the stage.

T.O.B'

7. Jay P

Jay P TRIBE Member

Backstage:(

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

damn you....*shakes fist*

9. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Worst.
    Band.
    Ever.

:)

10. xsre

xsre TRIBE Member

I'm not going this time.

*sobs uncontrollably*

11. sweetdaddy

sweetdaddy TRIBE Member

wait a minute.

I'm not going to this!!!

that would be crazy.

12. todiefor

todiefor TRIBE Promoter

are there still tickets for this? how much for grass?

13. Big League Chu

Big League Chu TRIBE Member

THe lawns were $60 but I doubt you'll find any at that price.
    The show has been sold out since may or june the first day tickets went on sale.

14. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

2nd row centre!

so looking forward to this

15. Hipsterave

Hipsterave TRIBE Promoter

ive got two lawn tix pm me an offer