• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dave Chappelle Theory

physix

TRIBE Member
Using a mix of measures, the Dark Crusaders achieved its primary goal — the cancellation of Chappelle's Show third season, and the near crippling of Chappelle's comedy career.

lol @ dark crusaders

as conspiracy as it sounds, Sharpton was at my Uni
last spring and he had repeatedly talked about
how Chappelle's show was detrimental to the african
american cause.... er, i mean the dark crusade.

like he made a point to bring it up several times...

so it wouldn't surprise me if there was some
pressure on dave from black leaders ... especially
if he's as devout as he leads on ... muslim leaders
can be very influential at times on it's own members.

but the liklier story is simply that Dave had shot his wad.

until recently, his stand up was never all THAT funny.

and he probably simply has nothig new to contribute
and cracked under the pressure that CC was undoutbedly
putting on him via that 50mil.

oh wells.

we'll see when comedy central airs the episodes of season
3 they DO have...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~atp~

TRIBE Member
April 20, 2003

With Chapelle's Show on hiatus before production for season two commences, Chappelle took some down time at his Ohio area farm. It was here that he received a strange package.

As told by Dave himself, at around noon, in the middle of an early season Cincinnati Reds game, there was a knock at his door. Chappelle was a bit concerned, as no one except his close family and friends were aware of where he was.

When he opened the door, all he found was a crudely wrapped package, with the inscription "For Chappelle" on it.

Inside the package was a voodoo-doll style replica of Chappelle dressed as Clayton Bigsby — the African American Klansman from his first show. The doll was riddled with safety pins, and had a noose tied sharply around his neck. Accompanying the doll was a message in a childlike scrawl that read, "what you're doing is hurting the African American community — it needs to stop."

Chappelle was extremely bothered by the development, but later chalked it up to a local group of black nationalists — "probably some college kids from Antioch [a nearby University] looking for kicks."

Though Chappelle was unaware of it at the time, this was the first assault by The Dark Crusaders aimed at shutting down his comedy career.

kat

TRIBE Member
the worst is im going to hear this recounted to me as fact..multiple times. probably by my sister.

ahah

in other news,

kate and leopold is on. ahahahah

Caz

TRIBE Member
I find the fact that people are buying into the story even more amusing than the story itself :p

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
On Tuesday, while watching an episode of the Oprah Winfrey show, Chappelle recalled being completely stunned when Winfrey turned to the camera in the middle of interviewing Tom Cruise and said "Dave Chappelle, you should be ashamed of yourself for airing that Niggars sketch on your show this week, I'm going to make sure you never work in Hollywood again."
Awesome

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*
Awesome

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*
On that day, Chappelle received a package that made him decide to halt the show's production for good.

The package — which arrived via UPS — contained a picture of Chappelle's sleeping children, taken the night before in Chappelle's house. A person who appeared to be of Al Sharpton's build was standing next to their beds.

***I like this one, apparently money can buy athleticism for a fat guy?

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by djfear
That was actually an entertaining conspiracy theory read.
For real...I thought it was pretty entertaining as well.

(for all of those in rollyeye mode...pssst...it's a joke)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories