• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dating again?

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
I recently ended a pretty long relationship with my now ex fiancé...I am finding it particularily difficult to meet new people. I am not really interested in meeting people at clubs. I have long since abandoned this method. Any suggestions on how to meet decent people in the city without having to go to a club?

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Oh... I remember how excited you were about your ex-fianceé. I am sorry it ended that way, but at the same time, I am happy for you and giving yourself another change.

Don't jump into dating right away, you may hurt people in the long run. Take care of yourself, accept the fact that time heals all the wounds, spend time with yourself, learn what makes YOU happy and then once you do so, you will know when you are ready to date again and you won't have these "problems" that you have right now.

You'll be fine, just give it time, sweetie.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
^^^
lol

May I suggest

the grocery store?
the book store?
and of course the gym, but be very wary of Mongo's, *cough cough* we have been known at finding Mrs. Right Now, as opposed to Mrs. Right.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
I wasn't really thinking of dating right away...but more or less just getting out there and meeting new people. Though I know this site there are a lot of you that party I am not so much into clubbing anymore. I still love the music and the memories, but really that's all it holds for me. I am jsut looking at another alternative to meeting some people.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
I agree with Killalady, don't jump back into it. Just go out and have fun and do things for you that maybe you neglected during your relationship. Use this time to enjoy yourself, being single for awhile can be a real blessing sometimes.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by j bunny 2000
I agree with Killalady, don't jump back into it. Just go out and have fun and do things for you that maybe you neglected during your relationship. Use this time to enjoy yourself, being single for awhile can be a real blessing sometimes.
Oh believe me, I am not rushing into anything! My days are going to be filled with massages, coffee, books, friends.....and lots more time. I am just looking to meet some nice people.

The grocery store mothod seems a little weird and approaching people there seems too cliché and somewhat tacky.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Killa said it best.

Take this time to reflect, grow and have a great future.

If you don't gain anything from a loss... then you'll never become a better person.

Enjoy yourself, enjoy life, enjoy your family, friends, etc...
The rest will come naturally.

You never find love when looking IMO.

pr0nstar

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Bumbaclat
The best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody..

think about it.

seriously.
:D:D:D
Bumba is on to something here, TRUST

Yeah the grocery store is kinda tacky, for me its always a dead give away depends on what is in her cart. If its all crap, I don't even give her a second look and on my way.

I say its the old cliche, when your looking your not going to find anyone. Go out with friends. Enjoy your single-ness, pick up a hobby or two, get busy.

Reflex

TRIBE Member
no worries. you just got out of a relationship, you have a "fresh meat" sign flashing above your head. somehow people can always see that. so just enjoy yourself, rock out on your own and let them come to you!

if you're looking you won't find anyone. but if you're loving what you've got going on then they'll come a runnin'. i don't think there's a particular place that's best to meet people, it's more about your attitude. you'll have more luck finding some great people to date if you don't feel you NEED to.

plus it's harder to find other people when you're looking for a relationship. too much pressure on you and them. be open to meeting everybody and anybody and learning what makes everyone around you great (whether you're into dating them or not). then the ones that suit you will just pop up in the process.

that way you make some great friends and some great dates. and in exploring so many different people you may learn some new things about what turns you on/off.

just don't worry about it and have fun! you're in for an exciting time so don't try too hard. just go with the flow and see what happens.

that's my advice anyway

:)

Last edited:

HC_P

TRIBE Member
Maybe sign-up for some classes such as cooking, photography, arts and crafts, etc...

You'll be there primarily for the class itself; however, you'll get to meet the other ppl taking the class as well. Plus, if you decide to take cooking classes, I'll volunteer my taste testing services :D

AL

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Reflex

TRIBE Member
oops. i posted that just off your original post. so you're not really looking to date? then just focus on you and do all the things that interest you and you'll meet people in the process.

opium_souldjah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HC_P
Maybe sign-up for some classes such as cooking, photography, arts and crafts, etc...

You'll be there primarily for the class itself; however, you'll get to meet the other ppl taking the class as well. Plus, if you decide to take cooking classes, I'll volunteer my taste testing services :D

AL
I was actually thinking about cooking courses cos I am a stupendous cook already...was just hinking of trying something new. But was thinking more on the lines of proffessional courses.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
the library...seriously breh :) if the girl's hot and in the library, chances are you've got a smart/hot girl on your hands :D

Marcin M :)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by opium_souldjah
I was actually thinking about cooking courses cos I am a stupendous cook already...was just hinking of trying something new. But was thinking more on the lines of proffessional courses.
george bnrown has a class in chocolates!!!

But I suggest the toronto ski and snowboard club.

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HC_P

AL
Do this. Taking art or something is so soothing for the soul, especially when you are hurting. I truly believe freeing yourself from negative energy can truly only be achieved through some sort of expression. I love taking pessemistic energy and making something positive with it. Any maybe it can be a good place to meet some *interesting* new people.

~J*buny~