• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

dating a coworker

sohaness

TRIBE Member
anyone ever done it successfully?

lets hear your stories...both positive and negative.

there's this girl at work who i really like, but im hesitant on asking her out. you know the saying 'dont shit where you sleep' or something or other.

so yea...

steve.

unique2100

TRIBE Promoter
Don't let work run your life, has always been my philosophy. I say if your interested give it a shot. You only get one life so live it.:)

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
If you think it could work, go for it
If it just turns into after hours office sex on the photocopier...then it might be a bit awkward.

junglegirl

TRIBE Member
I dont think I would do it...
no stories here just my opinion
I think it would be fun...for quickies and stuff like that but...I agree with the dont shit where you sleep - but who knows...funnier things have worked out.

my sister and her husband worked together for years but they were already married so I think thats different...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deevah

TRIBE Member
met my current bf of 4 yrs @ work
first started off as casual sex - sex in the stairwells, bathrooms of other floors, 3somes w/ other co-workers
turns out we did happen to like each other as well. When he unofficially moved in, it was seeing him 24/7 so we were pretty cool about kicking each other out for a nite for alone time. 2yrs into the relationship, i quit the company and he moved in officially. Still together...works for some, doesn't work for others

Edit: it's don't shit where u eat. If you don't feel that either you or her will be able to handle break up like grown ups then don't do it. If either of you are gonna go psycho, don't do it

solgrabber

TRIBE Member
anyone ever done it successfully?

lets hear your stories...both positive and negative.

there's this girl at work who i really like, but im hesitant on asking her out. you know the saying 'dont shit where you sleep' or something or other.

so yea...

steve.

do what you feel is right, if you like this girl go for it. you might end up kicking yourself down the road. for some these type of situations work out and for others not, find out which one is waiting for you i say......

lates,

c

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
i've never actually started dating someone at the office...

i have however ended up working with all my boyfriends at some point.

i used to work in a store with my first ex. i loved it, we would go on breaks together and the time would fly. it was always such a pick me up having him there.

my second ex and i worked at my current office together but we had to keep it under wraps...

i never had any big issues with either experience but i think for the sake of the relationship if you have any issues with how much you see of you b/f or g/f then keep work separate.... but if you're happy to see them then i say go for it

i met my current boyfriend at work... infact part of the job was for us to get in bed naked together! (we're actors and we were cast as b/f and g/f) thats gonna be a good story to tell the grandkids... :D

sam

TRIBE Member
I met my current gf at work. 3 years later and we're together still and quite serious. For us, it worked....we had a lot of similar interests and amazing chemistry right off the bat.

You should still be careful with workplace romances...I've been in a similar situation in the past...and when things go sour and you have to come into work and deal with the fact that you both work in the same place, it can be rough!!!

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
*shrug*

Really depends on the people involved... I have dated people I worked with in the past... one of them caused no problems, the other I'm now best friends with, so no problems either... the other one ended up stalking me and getting fired for causing trouble.

Soooooo...

I don't know, don't do it if you think she might turn out to be a stalker? :D

sohaness

TRIBE Member
thanks for the tips.

also, i dont work in an office, and i love my job. im an english teacher in korea and there are about 10 teachers at my school (english and korean). we all hang out on weekends together and get along really great so its not really a matter of keeping business and pleasure separate.

steve.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
bad idea.
I personally don't like anyone I work with even knowing anything about my personally life. I don't want them making assumptions about me based my personal life should something at work ever fuck up.

then again... my other work is club promoter.. and I've dated many people I've met at the office... ;)

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sohaness
you know the saying

yeah bro, i live by that saying

"Don't piss where you eat, don't shit where you sleep."

i can't stress it enough, none of that shit @ school or @ work, never have, never will

everything i've seen or have had friends go through the same bizzle, bro it causes nothing but stress. The times it has worked out, like the small 20% of the time, it's short lived anyways IMO

put it this way, if you think you can develop something out of it, then i suppose that 'ish is worth the risk, if it's just your pecker talking, let it slip on by