• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Date Suggestions

Isosceles_CAT

TRIBE Promoter
Can anyone recommend a good date idea that:

A) Does not involve drinking
B) Is fun and not cliche like the ROM or AGO
C) Doesn't suck

?

Dating in the summer is so much easier; in the winter I feel like it is really hard to find something cool to do that doesn't involve drinking.

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Evening skating down by Harbourfront Centre is a pretty good place for a date night - dj, by the lakeshore and with the weather not being as cold, quite beautiful.

erika

TRIBE Member
^
Great suggestion; theatre, comedy (comedy bar or second city); check Now for events; there are all kinds of things listed there day by day.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

kirstenmeows

TRIBE Member
There are lots of things to do that are fun and don't necessarily require booze:
-toboganning (we have snow!)
-lots of trails to hike/cross country ski/snowshoe
-go to a movie (not my fave, but lots of folks love it!)
-the symphony (E and I try to get there at least once a month)
-board game/cards nights
-hit the grocery store together, pick up a mess of interesting ingredients and make dinner together
-if you have a vehicle, plan a day trip somewhere scenic/historic/interesting and explore

JamesM

TRIBE Member
joining a co ed sports team is tremendous fun. Although it usually ends up in drinking.

soccer's good for me personally. But I suppose that would be a bit of a commitment.

djfear

TRIBE Member
It shall be noted that with the exception of the driving options, all of the aforementioned are also great with booze as well. :D

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
joining a co ed sports team is tremendous fun. Although it usually ends up in drinking.

soccer's good for me personally. But I suppose that would be a bit of a commitment.
The thread is about where to go on a date. Not where to find a date.

It shall be noted that with the exception of the driving options, all of the aforementioned are also great with booze as well. :D
You think guns and booze together is a good idea? :O

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
Can anyone recommend a good date idea that:

A) Does not involve drinking
B) Is fun and not cliche like the ROM or AGO
C) Doesn't suck

?

Dating in the summer is so much easier; in the winter I feel like it is really hard to find something cool to do that doesn't involve drinking.

Any and all suggestions appreciated!
why are you cutting out drinking??

shit is awkward enough as is , then add in ITS FUCKING FREEZING, and YOU DONT KNOW HER(wait arent you a chick?)

roofie colada and eps of archer

wait, ppl still date on this site, i thought it was all babies and mortgages
this is another trick page made for alexd to drum up some business isnt it

alison87

TRIBE Member
Go to the island. It is by far my favorite place in Toronto that does not feature drinking. And it is much, much better in winter than summer. Yes, it will be cold as fuck. But it is also completely deserted and you feel like you've left the city a million miles away.

Of course, it might be shit if your date is a real person. I like the solitude and bringing someone along would fuck that up. But if you're really into each other then it doesn't really matter where you go, as long as you have space to enjoy one another, and somewhere quiet and peaceful is exactly that.

djfear

TRIBE Member
You think guns and booze together is a good idea? :O
Hah, I didn't see that suggestion until you mentioned it.

How about the following:
Hit up a restaurant, then go play pool / darts / bowling? Or better yet, go for brunch and hit up a nice coffee shop after?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Sexy time. Get to know one another a little (or a lot) better.

Work out/on your kinks, resolve the human equation, because the best things in life are wild & free. See if being vulnerable is OK with another person. Learn whether you may trust them as far as they may be thrown (or further).

Boldly Go.

Peace,
~bLf