1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Das EFX, Michee Mee at Hip Hop Karaoke

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Vote_4_Pedro, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Vote_4_Pedro

Vote_4_Pedro TRIBE Member

Wow, last night at Revival was intense!

The 20 HHK competitors ranged from good to amazing. I think the guy who went last, and came in 6th place deserved a higher spot - top 3 in my books. What a range of closet MC talent!

Halfway through the competition Michee Mee grabbed the mic, and she tore the roof off. She killed it. Had us all in the palm of her hand...

After the last competitor Das EFX came on and threw down, spitting rhymes. They rocked the mic right.

Overall, and absolutely amazing night. Great talent, great vibe, crowd was jumping.

technics1200technics1200technics1200

2. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

i wanted to hit this, but not for 20 bucks
    so i took my mom and step dad bar hopping instead ;)

3. wakipaki

wakipaki TRIBE Member

DAS EFX in Toronto, after all these years, massive!

i've seen live photage of them and they sound incredible, unlike most hip hop mcs they seem to come accross live as strong as they sound in the studio

mad jealousy!

4. Vote_4_Pedro

Hey, Das EFX said they are coming back to Toronto in three weeks, some time in October. Keep a look out, not to missed!

Oh, and I was hesitant at the $15 before 10pm cover as well, but sooooo glad I caved and hit the show, epic and worth it many times over.

5. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

are they doing a full concert the next show, i would pay 20 for that for sure

6. Vote_4_Pedro

Not sure, they didn't say. But stay tuned, when deets are in, I'll put them here.