• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Darcy Tucker

breaker/junglis

TRIBE Member
Darcy Tucker the dirtiest player in the NHL right now actually wait the stuipest player. I agree with Lindy Ruff its a joke Tucker is a joke and should not be in the NHL. Thats 2 times in less than a week he has purposely gone out his way to hurt another player. To me that is a sign that he has no brain dont worry Tucker you will get whats coming to you

Resolver

TRIBE Member
breaker/junglis said:
To me that is a sign that he has no brain dont worry Tucker you will get whats coming to you
Okay, a (.) after brain, a capital (D)on(')t and a (,) after Tucker and a (.) after the last word which is (you.)

Res

rounder

TRIBE Member
breaker/junglis said:
Darcy Tucker the dirtiest player in the NHL right now
that statement alone proves you know nothing about hockey. tucker is far from a saint but there's a hundred guys i'd call dirtier than tucker. the league reviewed the play and decided no suspension was warranted. that speaks volumes. lindy ruff should kick start his brain before he sets his mouth in motion.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I'd have a hard time naming 5 let alone 100. Tucker would be #4 on my top 5.

Bryan Marchment
Darius Kasparitus
Sean Avery
Darcy Tucker
Andre Roy

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
Andy Sutton easily makes it ahead of Tucker, as does Fedoryk.

Anyway, I don't like the guy, but the fault IMO is on Hecht. He ducked the hit, and in doing so turned his lower body into Tucker, causing the knee on knee. Had he stood up and either hit Tucker or absorbed the blow head on, there wouldn't of been a problem.

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
Forget the actual hit. The ugly thing was that Tucker gets up and immediately goes head-hunting

It makes me laugh when I read people on this board and elsewhere say he should be captian. He is disliked not only by officials and players on other teams but also by a large number of Leafs.

His slighty above average hands keep him from being nothing more than a middleweight goon. And that's not a diss. He does have a good nose for the net.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Anyone catch the replay of the Tucker hit on Peca? Hehehe, Scaroborugh fool!

Avery doing pushups was really funny now than I think about it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
breaker/junglis said:
Darcy Tucker the dirtiest player in the NHL right now actually wait the stuipest player. I agree with Lindy Ruff its a joke Tucker is a joke and should not be in the NHL. Thats 2 times in less than a week he has purposely gone out his way to hurt another player. To me that is a sign that he has no brain dont worry Tucker you will get whats coming to you
Dirtiest my ass.
Watch any other games other then when the Leafs play?

johnc

TRIBE Member
MissBlu said:
Dirtiest my ass.
Watch any other games other then when the Leafs play?
I watch a lot of hockey. I wouldn't call Tucker a clean player.
I reverse the question to you:
WTF games do you watch?

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
johnc said:
WTF games do you watch?
As much as I can...
Mostly the Leafs. As much of Ottawa, Vancouver, and the Canadian teams as I can...

My point on this whole topic is that Tucker is def. not the dirtiest player.

This whole thread has just pissed in my cheerios ;)

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Just look at Tucker's numbers this year, dirty players rarely put the puck in the net like Tucker can.

Sure he's sort of a less-evolved human out there, all he knows is hit, score and use your whole fucking body all the time. Sometimes I don't think he even knows the rules of the game.

Tucker has been a big ball of piss and vinegar this year and it has payed off for him. I surely wouldn't be making the same claim as some of my idiot friends that he can be the next Leafs captain, but he has had a career year.

OutcastTO

TRIBE Member
Tucker is hardly the dirtiest player in the league. He is playing a role that he knows he has to play to remain a viable player in the League. He's smaller than that press guide tells you but plays a lot bigger and has to play on the edge to be effective.

If Tucker started turning away from hits and avoiding the odd controversy he would be history. There is room in the game for his style of play. The play the other night was not meant to intentionally injure Hecht (IMO).

His pissing and moaning is the bigger problem and has lead to his lack of popularity with other players and fans.

-Mercury-

TRIBE Member
the responses this thread is getting is pretty much what you'd expect to get from leaf fans,,,,,,,,,

the reality is:

Tucker is a lot like Theoren Fleury, except without any talent.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Spinsah said:
Avery is such a jackass.

Do you remember him from DHS, Cavin?

No, not even his face looks familiar. I think he was a grade lower than me.

Say, were you near the Eaton Centre on Saturday?

I wouldn't call Tucker a no talent hack, he can put the puck in the net. IMO, I compare him to Peca, with less leadership but a goal scorers touch. I loved that hit Kovolov (sp) laid on him, but keep in mind he does have about 50 lbs on him.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Aerius Zension said:
Say, were you near the Eaton Centre on Saturday
Why yes I was.

Up to no good, no doubt.

As for Avery, he was a total chucklehead who would freak out in English class whenever we would joke about beatin' it.

One time he stood up really loudly, freakin' out and said, "ANY GUY WHO EVER TOUCHES HIS OWN DICK IS A FAG!"

I wonder how the man takes a piss.

johnc

TRIBE Member
its not Tucker thats a joke so much as Colin Campbell. he is completely inconsistent with his "discipline".

Tucker hits someone over head N times w/helmet : no suspension.
Tampa Bay player (forget his name) does the same : suspension.

Atlanta's Exelby got only a $2500 fine for the elbow open-ice headshot on Arnason this week. The only reason I can see is that Atlanta is trying to make the playoffs ...

Players like Tucker (Barnaby, Varada, etc.) play on the edge of fair play, there have always been players like that and thats the way the game is, but that in itself does not define the game. I expect referees to miss calls now and then since the game is so fast ... but the additional discipline of the NHL is completely arbitrary compared to the OHL, for example.

SJN

TRIBE Member
Chris Neil hit the nail on the head earlier this week in a post-game interview after the game in which Kovalchuk gave him a nice two-handed slash accross the wrist for no reason. If the roles had been reversed, Neil would have been facing a multi-game suspension (and it would have attracted a lot of attention)....instead, the incident was largely ignored and Kovalchuk received a small fine

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders