• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dany Heatley expected to play tomorrow

tobywan

TRIBE Member
just got this from tsn.ca

Dany Heatley is expected to play tomorrow night for the Atlanta Thrashers, TSN has learned.

Sources told TSN that as long as Heatley made it through today's practice without any problems, he would be inserted for tomorrow night's game at home against the St. Louis Blues. An official announcement is expected later today, provided there were no problems in practice.

Heatley is still awaiting word on charges in the auto accident that claimed the life of teammate Dan Snyder, but his legal situation will not prevent him from returning to active duty. The prosecuting attorney's office in Atlanta has been made aware of Heatley's anticipated return to the ice tomorrow night. It is expected that Heatley will be permitted to travel with the Thrashers and leave the country for games in Canada.

There is no word on when the attorney's office will make a decision on what charges to proceed with.

In the meantime, though, Heatley's hockey career is set to resume.

Heatley hasn't played a game this season because of the injuries suffered in the car crash. It was thought his surgically reconstructed knee would require many more weeks of rehabiliation, but the hard-shooting winger has made remarkable strides in coming back from the surgery.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
A sad story, but if it was anybody like you or me, we would be in jail, its as simple as that. He was drunk, he killed someone because of his decision to drive.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
That's awesome. I hope he recovers, the charges are dropped and he has a long and healthy career.

The accidental death of his team mate was punishment enough.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ChrisD
A sad story, but if it was anybody like you or me, we would be in jail, its as simple as that. He was drunk, he killed someone because of his decision to drive.

ummm. he wasn't drunk.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Test results showed Heatley consumed a small amount of alcohol before the crash. His blood alcohol content was less than 0.015, far below the state's legal limit of 0.08.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SuperKennyK
That's awesome. I hope he recovers, the charges are dropped and he has a long and healthy career.

You're fucking kidding right????

No, the death of Dan Snyder was NOT punishment enough.

And no, it wasn't accidental. Dan Snyder died as a direct result of Heatley's carelessness, and disregard for safety.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
IIRC, Heatley has been in several incidents involving reckless driving. At least what I heard on Mojo.

Really? I thought that he wasn't driving that fast? Although that is hard to believe if he was driving a ferrari.

SuperKennyK

TRIBE Member
If the accident was a direct result of his carelessness then I think he should be punished.

I was under the assumption that it was an innocent accident.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SuperKennyK

wtf.

I hope he goes to jail for at least 2 years to learn a lesson.

the accidental death of his friend was not nearly enough I dont think.

Muad'ib

Well-Known TRIBEr
It is not as if Dan Snyder was pleading with Heatly to slow down or stop. He was probably egging Heatly on; young men do stupid things in pairs.