1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Danny Tenaglia @ Stereo

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by Maui, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

He's doing a double header friday/Saturday.

Nothing like last minute notice..booo to that.
    I already ditched on friends going on kajama boat cruse because of an opportunity that came up this weekend.

I remember him doing that years ago and I had to jet up there last minute.

Fack I've been waiting for him to go there so I could check my fav club out again and him.

2. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

if I wasn't playing at School bakery this friday, I would totally go.

3. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

I'll be in Montreal this weekend for a bachelor party (actually 2 bachelor parties)... I'll be one of the nights, if not both.

4. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

it was announced almost a month ago - how is that last minute?

in for both nights

5. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

lol, I must be out of the loop. Announced where?

I've noticed I've made myself a fan of a lot of artists on facebook and they don't bother to send you a message about where they are touring.

And I was sooo going to message you in the last few weeks to see if you knew why he hadn't played there yet or if he was soon.

Oh well, more fuel to the fire of planning a NY trip.

Have fun, I'm sure it will be off the hook. :)

p.s. Why DIDNT you post it here!!

6. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

Both DT and Stereo's fan pg announced it.

dood, i can't be responsible for roll calls AND reviews...a girl only has so much time 'nawmean? You totally should've msged me. I at least check PMs.

He's coming to TO...on a day where giving thanks would be appropriate --> see? I'm responsible for tidbits like this.

Unless he's playing some place other than Pacha in NY (the NJ gigs shut early, not worth it), I'd wait for something better (like cielo classics set). If you don't like the Guv't, you won't like Pacha...meat-headery has taken a turn for the worse for the moment. I don't show up there until 4-5am and he doesn't always play a long set. Unless it's Halloween - BOO Yourself is always all kinds of fun regardless of the venue. And if you don't dress up, you are lame.

If you're on really good behaviour, I may allow you to be my "guest" for the members only venue...if it ever gets off the ground, assuming I pass the interview. :)

7. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

get your tix early if possible. door will be retarded.

noze @ piknic too, C&C @ Beach club on Sun

8. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

If only he was doing this next weekend and not this weekend.

9. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

thanks! totally forgot about piknik... but our train leaves around 3pm on Sunday though.

10. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

Yeah I know what you mean, I really have no time to surf Tribe these days.

So Is he playing Guv when he comes?

Didn't know he played Cielo, that would be sweet.
    Just picked up the last piece for one Halloween costume yesterday and I'm working on another.
    Ahh yes I saw his post mentioning how the Paradise Garage was invite only.
    Also about the camera's bothering him. I don't blame him, It's annoying to me, I can't imagine for him. I happened to catch the mmva's and I swear 80% of the people had their cameras filming the entire concert! It's being recorded on t.v. you idiots. lol

Anyway, those all sound like good options. :)
    I've been jonesing long enough, something must happen soon...

11. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

Lord I hope he's not, after the LTJ sound disaster.

He does Cielo like 1x/yr for a classics set, get tix early, go early. It won't be a marathon but the vibe is scrumptious. Would love to see him play at Santos - bigger than Cielo, comparable sound. Think it's only a matter of time.

the Loft just underwent some renos so I think he's got something planned

Cameras were @ Water Taxi Beach, venue's pretty casual (it IS a beach) with a ground level booth. The amateur paparazzi are bad enough at Pacha, I can only imagine how bad it must've been there. Sometimes I deliberately ruin people's pictures by throwing up a hand or just an appropriate finger.

12. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

hope both shows are excellent, and those going have a good one (well, two). wish i was able to be there with the rest of the stereo family. will be interesting to hear what D thinks of the layout this time around, and how the sound feels to him. :)