• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

danny howells "choice" cd

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
because we haven't had a danny thread in a while...i stole this from gu. ;)

Source: 365mag

Danny Howells is the latest DJ to be selected to mix a Choice album. The British-born DJ joins a host of legendary artists such as Jeff Mills, Louie Vega, Derrick Carter, Francois Kervorkian, Tony Humphries, Danny Tenaglia, X-Press 2, Frankie Knuckles and John Digweed who have hosted previous releases.

The Choice collections series aims to explore dance music's most famous and influential DJs, giving them a platform to share their all-time classic tracks. It's a chance for them to communicate their own musical history, featuring tracks that have inspired them over the many years in the scene. Crucially, the albums allow the compiler freedom to re-edit and adjust to suit today's generation.

Now it's Danny's turn to mix the prestigious LP. Danny goes back to the beginning of his life as a DJ, with the tracks that inspired him before he swapped playing in Brighton for Brazil. His unique, eclectic sound that has seen him play all over Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia is show cased on the double-LP.

His passion to discover rare gems and older, overlooked tracks, make him the perfect candidate to turn in a diverse and varied selection. Danny is no stranger to compilations, turning in long-players for Global Underground, Renaissance and his own Nocturnal Frequencies in recent years.

Commenting on the project Danny notes: "When I was asked by David Piccioni at Azuli whether I'd be interested in joining some of my musical heroes such as Jeff Mills, Tenaglia and Kevorkian in compiling two CDs of my favourite records of all time, my response was quite simple: Dream come true!" Enthused Danny. "I don't think there's anybody out there who would turn this down - this is one of the most fun and exciting projects I've ever been involved in, and to say that I'm pleased with the result is an understatement."

There will be a album launch party at AKA in London on Thursday 4th January 2006 and also a number of very special one-off events taking place across the UK, with Danny playing a very special extended Choice-style set.

Keep an eye out for more gig dates as we get them, hit the stores from the end of January for the Choice album release and check 365Mag for a full exclusive interview in the next few days! Here's the full tracklisting:

CD1
Urban Soul 'Alright' (Original Mix)
T-Coy 'Carino 90'
Turntable Orchestra 'You're Gonna Miss Me (Extended Club Mix)
Fire Island 'In Your Bones' (Vocal Mix)
Fire island ft Ricardo Da Force 'Fire Island'
Pleasure Done '8 Minutes of Techfunk'
Photon Inc 'Give a Little Love' (Tha Wild Pitch Mix)
PM Dawn 'A Watchers Point of View (Todd Terry Melody Mix) (DH Edit)
Ce Ce Peniston 'Keep Givin' Me Your Love (Boss Mix)
Chito's Revenge 'Oracion'
Hocus Pocus 'Hocus Pocus (Magical Trance Mix)
Slack 'Painkiller'
Ready for Dead 'Ready for Dead (Ambient Mix)

CD2
Sub Sub 'Space Face (DH Edit)
Coldcut & Hextatic 'Timber' (Oringinal Version)
Michael Bundt 'The Brain of Oscar Panniza)
Japan 'Ghosts'
Iron Butterfly 'in a Gadda Da Vida
The Tempations 'Papa Was a Rolkling Stone' (DH Stripped Down Mix)
Faze Action 'Plans & Designs)
Black Science Orchestra 'Save Us (Funky Music)
Visnadi 'Hunts Up' (NoFutureNoPast Mix)
Visnadi 'Racing Tracks (Indianapolis Drive Mix)
Orbital 'Impact'
Holy Ghost Inc 'Mad Monks on Zinc' (Original Mix)
Black Science orchestra 'Save Us' (Funky Music) (Intro Reprise)
Carly Simon 'Why'

eek! so excited!!! :D if only he would come here and do a "special extended choice-style set".

Originally posted by mandapanda

CD1
Urban Soul 'Alright' (Original Mix)
T-Coy 'Carino 90'
Turntable Orchestra 'You're Gonna Miss Me (Extended Club Mix)
Fire Island 'In Your Bones' (Vocal Mix)
Fire island ft Ricardo Da Force 'Fire Island'
Pleasure Done '8 Minutes of Techfunk'
Photon Inc 'Give a Little Love' (Tha Wild Pitch Mix)
PM Dawn 'A Watchers Point of View (Todd Terry Melody Mix) (DH Edit)
Ce Ce Peniston 'Keep Givin' Me Your Love (Boss Mix)
Chito's Revenge 'Oracion'
Hocus Pocus 'Hocus Pocus (Magical Trance Mix)
Slack 'Painkiller'
Ready for Dead 'Ready for Dead (Ambient Mix)

CD2
Sub Sub 'Space Face (DH Edit)
Coldcut & Hextatic 'Timber' (Oringinal Version)
Michael Bundt 'The Brain of Oscar Panniza)
Japan 'Ghosts'
Iron Butterfly 'in a Gadda Da Vida
The Tempations 'Papa Was a Rolkling Stone' (DH Stripped Down Mix)
Faze Action 'Plans & Designs)
Black Science Orchestra 'Save Us (Funky Music)
Visnadi 'Hunts Up' (NoFutureNoPast Mix)
Visnadi 'Racing Tracks (Indianapolis Drive Mix)
Orbital 'Impact'
Holy Ghost Inc 'Mad Monks on Zinc' (Original Mix)
Black Science orchestra 'Save Us' (Funky Music) (Intro Reprise)
Carly Simon 'Why'
I love it when he goes on a more ecclectic direction with his sets. His essential mix from 2002 is still one of my all time favourites. This looks absolutely great.

smack

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: danny howells "choice" cd

Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
I love it when he goes on a more ecclectic direction with his sets.
Agreed. He's just as good when he plays eclectic as when he plays the clubby stuff, and thats saying alot.

This will be a classic.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders