1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dangerous New Drug Trend - "Moonwalking"

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by defazman, Aug 27, 2009.

1. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

source

In the wake of Micheal "The King of Pop" Jackson's recent passing, it is more than his record sales reaching all new highs. A disturbing trend amongst young Americans can be attributed to the mass amounts of press detailing the icon's lethal pharmaceutical cocktails. The kids call it "Moonwalking," the experience of getting high on propofol, the hypnotic agent attributed to Jackson's death.

"It's a real groovy trip," says Brittney, a senior at DeLaSalle High School in Minneapolis, MN. Speaking only under a pseudonym, Brittney says that classmates have been experimenting with propofol since hearing of the narcotic after Jackson's death. Experts say propofol abuse is growing because unlike many prescription pain medications, propofol is not a federally controlled substance. And with more medical professionals now using the drug, it's creating pressure to change its status to controlled substance.

Until stricter controls are placed on propofol, teens looking for a new high will continue to have easy access to the drug. Surveying over 30 high schools in 18 states, eighty percent of teens were aware of the drug, while twelve percent had experienced propofol personally or been at a party where it was present. While marjiuana and tobacco usage amongst teens has remained steady over the last 7 years, new drugs like propofol are being adopted at an alarming rate.

The appeal to teenagers is easy to pinpoint. "It's like three drugs rolled into one," says Dr. Paul Wischmeyer of the University of Colorado Denver. "It's like marijuana, Valium and the club drug Ketomine. It creates a unique high like no other drug." Combined with easy access through multiple medical channels, parents and experts fear the likelyhood of abuse is far too high.

Even more concerning is the combination of propofol with traditional narcotis. Teens are combining the sedative with common street drugs with unknown medical results. Combined with marjiuana, the trip is referred to as "Moonsitting" and with methamphetamine is known as "Moonrunning."

Long term abuse of the drug has reported resulting in addiction and depression. Indications that your teen could be abusing the drug are uncommon lethargy, increase in sleep patterns, common refference to "Moonwalking" with friends, and trouble concentrating.

2. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

hahahahaha

so awesome

3. [SQUARE]

[SQUARE] TRIBE Member

Seems like it would be a pretty boring drug.

4. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

please won't someone think of the children!

5. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

"All the swingin' hip cats at the jazz club are doing it," she went on to add.

6. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

don't you have to inject it?

If that's the case I doubt that many kids are lining up to "shoot the moon"

7. gollum

gollum TRIBE Member

Nothing like experimenting with a drug known solely for killing someone...

Darwin for the win!!!

8. ila

ila TRIBE Member

that's like 3 of the least appealing drugs ever, now all rolled into one giant mess.

sounds horrible.

9. le bricoleur

le bricoleur TRIBE Member

10. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

This is an onion piece right?

11. le bricoleur

le bricoleur TRIBE Member

12. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

cheesing!

13. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

sadly no.

14. Colm

Colm TRIBE Member

Wow, three of the most boring buzzes wrapped into one. That is groovy.

I worry for our children, because if they're catching blasts like this, they're clearly doing it wrong.

15. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

hahahahahahahah! soooooo fucked up! hahahahhahaha! moonwalking....hahahahahah....is that because they get injected in the ass or what?

16. why not

why not TRIBE Member

i call bullshit on this one.

no way this is an actual trend.

17. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

18. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

bet they do this stuff at rainbow parties.

19. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

seriously...

also, quell the herd...wash that shit down with a glass of bwine and call me in the morning.

20. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Pot is terrible, what?

21. ila

ila TRIBE Member

^^

I hate weed. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate. Can't think of a less appealing high other than perhaps K.

haha.

22. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

once again kids in the states prove to be fucking dumb.

who cares, NEXT !

[jai]

23. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

then you are doing it wrong.

its great for focus, its great for finding amusement in things you may not necessarily find amusing.

sex is fantastic on it.

but to each their own, i hate K, and Valium, so i am with you there.

but weed is NOTHING like them.

[jai]

24. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

guys lets not lose focus. Kids are maybe doing stupid things and we need to warn everyone. Only by creating mass hysteria can we properly inform and prevent kids from doing stupid things. I'm trying to get on Oprah. Let's keep the hype alive.

25. ila

ila TRIBE Member

I doubt that's it. I just really dislike it. Maybe you're doing sobriety wrong.