• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Danforth Mass Shooting at Logan

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
Fuck man.

I hope this comes down to jilted lover but i got a queasy feeling this could be another incel terrorist making a point

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Trying to get to a client’s place between Carlaw and Logan, one block south of Danforth. I parked south on Pape and am taking a breath before I walk over. You can feel the sadness but also the resilience.

Also, people are making chalk drawings all over the place with motivational slogans. Doesn’t change a thing but it might help the people of our area deal with it. I dunno. I am not a victim here. I was a few blocks away. My head is in the clouds.

I hope the TPS release more information quickly so that there can be some resolve in the community. Apparently they’re exercising a search warrant (area not confirmed). Faster it gets wrapped up, the better. Absolutely devastating.

Another hope I have, despite my loathing of the American war on drugs, is that our legalization will increase border security BOTH ways. If this hand-gun was legal (something quite difficult to obtain), this guy was likely military - which is pure speculation). If it was illegal? 3 guesses where it came from and the first 2 don’t count.

We already have pretty heavy gun laws here. This isn’t about legal gun owners. It’s about the flow of illegal guns, obtained through criminal processes. It’s about toothless laws and revolving doors in the justice system.

There’s a bunch more I’d like to add about parenting, education, recognition and support for those with mental-health issues + the way the 5th estate and social media roll-out information and dis-information.

...but I’m just ranting now and probably not that coherently, so that’s it for me - for now. I gotta go to work, right there.

Big love. Keep your eyes open. ...and keep supporting the Danforth community. It’s a staple of our city, filled with great people and fantastic, family-run businesses.

#danforthstrong

Last edited:

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
Warmington wrote a piece in the Sun today and I apologize - for some reason - I can’t link to it.

WARMINGTON: Was Danforth attack terror, or terrorism?
Last updated about 9:30.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
doesn't Terrorism go against a certain...race, creed, sex, etc ?
This was a guy who was fucked up from birth, heavily medicated, far too gone from any counseling ( that his parents could pay for ).

Edit. Warmington's a dick. Authorities haven't released anything yet. He's reaching...and itchy to type anything right now to make his paper a buck.

Mondieu

TRIBE Member
doesn't Terrorism go against a certain...race, creed, sex, etc ?
This was a guy who was fucked up from birth, heavily medicated, far too gone from any counseling ( that his parents could pay for ).

Edit. Warmington's a dick. Authorities haven't released anything yet. He's reaching...and itchy to type anything right now to make his paper a buck.
The title of the article makes it pretty clear that that’s the key question, no?

Warmington is certainly an overly-dramatic shit-storm of poor metaphors ...and a complete, self-righteous dick. He also has some high ranking sources in the TPS, one of them being my ex-wife’s uncle - who’s a superintendent.

He’s been right and wrong before. ...and I don’t have any first hand information. That’s why I posted but didn’t comment. ;)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I am curious as to why there is so little information about the shooter being made available. Usually, by this time, after these sorts of events, we start seeing photographs of the perp, facebook pics, internet posts etc. But there is nothing really out there except for that one carefully constructed family PR statement.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
I am curious as to why there is so little information about the shooter being made available. Usually, by this time, after these sorts of events, we start seeing photographs of the perp, facebook pics, internet posts etc. But there is nothing really out there except for that one carefully constructed family PR statement.
Something about the family's statement is off putting to me as well. They say he was troubled, that therapy (psych & chem) were unsuccessful, yet if that's the case then am I to expect there should be a lot more bi polar mass murderers? Being BP is actually fairly common.

It bothers me that the implication is there's a reasonable expectation that everything was more or less psychologically and psychiatrically exhausted in trying to manage this fuck up before he went on the internet, got in over head, then got a job to fund his gun and thirst for murdering innocent civilians.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Something about the family's statement is off putting to me as well. They say he was troubled, that therapy (psych & chem) were unsuccessful, yet if that's the case then am I to expect there should be a lot more bi polar mass murderers? Being BP is actually fairly common.
Is someone reporting that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder?

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Is someone reporting that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder?
No, just me.
And while Psychosis is, and Depression is, to me that killing spree sure as heck presents to me as a Mania... Those 3 are found in persons with BP who also experience Schizoaffective Disorder...

Last edited:

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Sounds like he'd fit right in with special k Toby, et al:

Danforth shooter stored lots of firepower—and some videos from Alex Jones. Court documents show that the gunman in the summer attack had guns and ammunition in the bedroom to which he never returned. Also found were receipts for $9,130 in cash payments to a community housing facility in Pakistan, and DVD copies of InfoWarsproductions