• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dana Reeve dead at 45 :(

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Dana Reeve, widow of Christopher Reeve, dies of lung cancer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Dana Reeve, who fought for better treatments and possible cures for paralysis through the Christopher Reeve Foundation, named for her late actor-husband, has died. She was 45.

Reeve died Monday of lung cancer at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Medical Center, said Sean Dougherty, a spokesman for the foundation.

"We are extremely saddened by the death of Dana Reeve, whose grace and courage under the most difficult of circumstances was a source of comfort and inspiration to all of us," Kathy Lewis, president and CEO of the foundation, said in a statement.

Reeve won worldwide admiration for her support of her husband, the one-time Hollywood "Superman" turned activist for spinal cord research after a horse-riding accident in 1996.

She served as chairwoman of the Christopher Reeve Foundation and founded the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Resource Center.

Christopher Reeve died in 2004. In August, Dana Reeve announced she had been diagnosed with lung cancer. She said she had never smoked.

She said in November that said she was able to keep her spirits up because she "had a great model. ... I was married to a man who never gave up."

Reeve lived in Westchester County, near New York, with the couple's teenage son, Will. She has appeared on Broadway, off-Broadway and regional stages and on the TV shows "Law & Order," "Oz," and "All My Children."

"Dana will always be remembered for her passion, strength and ceaseless courage that became her hallmark," Lewis said. "Along with her husband, Christopher, she faced adversity with grace and determination, bringing hope to millions around the world."

She is survived by her father, Dr. Charles Morosini; sisters Deborah Morosini and Adrienne Morosini Heilman; two stepchildren, Matthew and Alexandra; and her son.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/03/07/obit.reeve.ap/index.html

annec

TRIBE Member
Bad journalism...She is survived by her father, Dr. Charles Morosini; sisters Deborah Morosini and Adrienne Morosini Heilman; two stepchildren, Matthew and Alexandra; and her son.

They name everyone else but her son.

RIP.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
hers is such a remarkable story. after seeing my mom stay by my dad's side for his 13 years of alzheimers, i have nothing but respect for dana reeve and the positive way she lived her life and stayed by her husband's side. it's hard to find such examples of true love these days so it's nice to see it still exists.

r.i.p. dana reeve. :(

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
it's hard to find such examples of true love these days so it's nice to see it still exists.
very well put...a lot of people these days are too concerned with themselves and are not nearly this giving in a relationship. she's someone we can all learn from.

RIP, Dana

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

defazman

TRIBE Member
her sons name is Will, they state it in the article.

RIP Dana

I propose everyone buy a Reeves Foundation tag/key chain today. I am.

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
And not far after Christopher died. it happened so suddenly. I kind of believe that things like this happen when loose your soulmate. Your body breaks down. Maybe thats why she had cancer and died so fast, because she died of a broken heart. Sorry. i'm a mushball.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders