• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dan Bell @ Fukhouse/footwork

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Nice jam!! very well done and very nice to see fukhouse at a proper home.

We arrived really early (10:45) and had some drinks while the place filled up. Footwork has added some groovy decor since I was last there, and ian's trance lasers were a nice touch!

the place filled up really quickly while lee was playing a set filled with some really dirty basslines. I was surprised to see such a crowd - so many people who I expected to be wiped from speedy j.

ian played a short but sweet set - ian was that you or bell who played dj flex's "no problemo"?

Bell came on to a rammed dancefloor and brought in some seriously groovy minimal techno. at times I felt it was getting a bit repetitive but he seemed to be having some skipping issues, so he had to start mixes over a few times. however, he was making me dance when I was convinced I had no energy to do so. I don't know why people think minimal isn't dance music...you just have to sort of let yourself give in to it, let yourself get absorbed in it. it can be really quite complex.

My feet couldn't take anymore dancing so we called it a night about 1 hr into Dan's set...sorry I couldn't hear Noah's :(

One thing tho - what was with the really out of place crowd? it seemed that some people got friday night mixed up w/saturday....

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Skipper
I don't know why people think minimal isn't dance music...you just have to sort of let yourself give in to it, let yourself get absorbed in it. it can be really quite complex.

B]

so easy to dance to...you have to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy it

glad it was good...too bad I missed it

kaniz

TRIBE Member
the place filled up really quickly while lee was playing a set filled with some really dirty basslines. I was surprised to see such a crowd - so many people who I expected to be wiped from speedy j.
Trust me - it was hard, I was a zombie on my feet but moving no-less. :p

Got there around 12 just to catch the tail end of Ians set, and stayed through part of Noahs, I was enjoying it- but just too damn tired.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
One thing tho - what was with the really out of place crowd? it seemed that some people got friday night mixed up w/saturday....
So what typifies the Footwork friday night attendee?.. just curious (really high maybe?) :eek:

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
Fridays = film sorta crowd
but younger - i thought. when i was "removed" from Gallery on Friday I went to Footwork - my first time there on a Friday... at least since the summer. the crowd seemed pretty young, say, early 20s (OMG. I'm going to assert myself here. Yes, I just called early 20s "young".)

It was a good time though. I was in a weird mood on Friday, what with everyone i meant to hang out with being at another party and all.

but Saturday was the night we'd all planned to be at Footwork for Fukhouse. it was nice to meet Monsieur de la Guthrie - i've heard nothing but praise for and about him from people whose opinions mean something to me.
::impressed::

yay lasers! i love you Mike&Scott!! pretty things... you always do such pretty things...

it was my roommate's birthday and he was adorable and dancing away, but I'm afraid he was in a house-ier mood. (kisses!!!!)

i was all for those deep funky rhythms. i especially enjoyed the Richie track... so many wicked little bleeps and bloops. the back of that room doesn't do it for me anymore though. that freaking pillar weirds me out. i had fun by the bar in the back - the floor was good and peeps were really dancing away.

i especially enjoyed Noah Pred. i'm excited that they were handing out CDs at the door.

see? now this is appreciated: on the flyer it said $10 before 11:30, and when i got there at 11:20, i paid $10. my friends who got there at 11:32 didn't get crapped on and also paid $10. plus the CD was a total fun bonus.

it was nice to see you Skipper - i'm so glad we got Monsieur Elektron to come out!!

i have to say... some people at Speedy J told me they'd be at Fukhouse on Saturday... :( i was sad when i didn't see you boys. no excuses! especially since Speedy J was over at 4... that's an early bedtime, by most standards.

for shame!

can Footwork get an espresso machine or something? i'm so over drinking coke and redbull. at 3:30am, i would've sold my mother for a coffee. i headed home instead. BOO!

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Great job Fukhouse... The place was rammed!

Got their around one, Bell was playing some kick ass minimal, and by the time we were ready to leave - it was getting a bit harder, and sounding GREAT.
You can totally dance to minimal, with a man like Bell behind the decks...

Solid decor, staff, music and company, a great night out, and I wish I had more energy...

Thanks Footwork and Fukhouse!

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
Stopped in for a quick hello. Damn I miss that place. LOTS of new faces which is so good for those guys. The place was pretty jammed when I arrived (around 11:30). So many people to catch up with and busted some moves - was loving every track. Could've stayed longer but family obligations on Sunday kept me out of trouble (for once ;) )

Dave Lee

TRIBE Member
Hadn't been out in ages an it was good to see lotsa friendly faces out and about

Loved Dan's set.

Thanks for bringin Dan out Ian!

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
Glad you guys persuaded me into going out despite being a little bit brain-dead from the night before. :/ Really enjoyed the music … caught most of Dan Bell's set and pretty much all of Noah Pred. Even though I was tired, Noah's slick and unique-sounding grooves made leaving simply impossible. It'll be good to hear him out regularly now that he's made TO his home.

The minimal red lighting and red laser bEEms set the mood perfectly.

Nice jam. Nice that fukhouse has found a home.

juice

TRIBE Member
Good times ... got there around 12 and lasted till 4 or so. The club was looking good and the crowd was great. Dan Bell rocked it!

grit

TRIBE Member
heard that bell was absolutely ROCKIN the joint with some SERIOUS minimal techfunk.
-not too often that i say 'damn i wish i'd gone'.... but this is one of those times.

-btw happy belated destro.

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
grit said:
heard that bell was absolutely ROCKIN the joint with some SERIOUS minimal techfunk.
yup.

Bell was great.. wasn't sure what to expect walking in because I found a few of his recent sets left me kinda *meh*, but I was pleasantly surprised by the funky groove he was laying. Pred kept it all going nicely too.

eLeKTRon

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
it was my roommate's birthday and he was adorable and dancing away, but I'm afraid he was in a house-ier mood. (kisses!!!!)
oh, thanks for reminding me.. it was Nick's birthday celebration!

Happy Birthday lil'nick !! (lookin hot in that cap ;) )

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
saw the old school croo

danced my ass off.
loved every set.

my blue sweater was still SOAKING the next morning from boozesweat!

thanks for bringing DAN BELL, fukhouse. Just what I needed.

I passed on getting the free CD at the beginning. Not because I didn't want it, but because Jude already got one and I wanted someone else to hear that amazing set. :)

I brought my Palmpilot out to communicate with voicebox-less Grit, but he wasn't there. :(

Doublefistin' techno hardknocks up front gettin crunked!!!!

Destro

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ian

TRIBE Member
Thanks so much everyone, and thanks for coming!

We are so happy to be back where we belong with Joel and Steph at Footwork. We have the night recorded so stay tuned for the sets that we'll post on Tribe!

ps- skips, yes that was me playing that record, but it was a sample in a new track. . .

oeretS

TRIBE Member
seemed like everyone and their sister was out on saturday for this, had a great time and Dan kicked ass, especially later in his set. like hali said, his sister was hot.

respect to fukwork

lilnick

TRIBE Member
Yes... good times indeed... yah.. I was in a housier mood but lots of fun and nice people out! Thanks for the b-day drinks.

Par- T

TRIBE Member
So glad fukhouse is back.

Had a good time, Dan was good but the set that made my night was Noah's - loved every minute. I was looking forward to hearing him again ever since Harvest, got lost in my happy place in the pyramid and Noah took me there again on Sat. at Footwook.

Great way to celebrate Sabina's b-day, also good to see the usual tech crew out including some surviors hanging in from Speedy the night before. :cool:

Small complaint, but what was up with the crowd? I felt like I was in a fight all night - got stepped on a dozen times, elbowed countless times, while trying to dance people would come up, stop and stand right in what little space I had! :mad:

There were CDs??

-T

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders