• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

damn detroit records. (dj thread!)

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Re: tephra ep : Robert Hood : 1995 : Axis

so i finally found this record, but low and behold the track i fucking wanted and y'all would probally recognise (think Mills:drama) thats a whole other story...

i find this with alot of my classic detroit material that the kick when dropped drops back on a different beat..

not once but twice on this track. FUCK. makes for a headache mixing, or prolonged mix.

p.s : new Jeff Mills EXHIBITIONIST 12" SAMPLER = badass , i cant wait to purchase this dvd. :) (no offbeat kick either:p)

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by mrs peacock
wow you just got tephra & drama now?

and you call yourself a techno dj? :p ;)
actually he's not saying he got drama but that the one he did get sounds like it.

drama is over rated anyway

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
have had drama for about 6 years, rob hood could never find.

i got more records than you can shake a stick.

you trying to get me riled up?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD

p.s : new Jeff Mills EXHIBITIONIST 12" SAMPLER = badass , i cant wait to purchase this dvd. :) (no offbeat kick either:p)
Haha! Never like Tephra that much anyways. Can't agree with ya up here though Douglas, the sampler is just a rehash again! I wish I could get my hands on anything from millsy that doesn't sound like this, its a pretty tired sound IMO.

But then again, I like final scratch so my opinion can't be worth that much ;)

odbx

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
i dislike FS

you dislike Mills.

imma big MILLS fan, your a big FS fan.

can't we just fucking hug and get over it?

:D

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by isoprax
getting riled up is over-rated

sorry dude, my getting riled up was directed at pee cock...she always gets me. why? cause she is jealous that i am better behind the decks.

she is just bitter , but i still lover her... even knowing she is female and dj's :p:D

StothebattlescrutonisonD:)

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
k fuker ;) you got the battle words going!

so how does sunday/feb/22 work for you - you and me on djshows live head to head :mad: :D

we put all this shit talking to rest :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by mrs peacock
k fuker ;) you got the battle words going!

so how does sunday/feb/22 work for you - you and me on djshows live head to head :mad: :D

we put all this shit talking to rest :p
your on girl.

be prepared for judgement day.

guy vs. girl ------>:D

Stotheseeyou22assdealtD:)

erk

TRIBE Member
I know what you're talking about withthe kick coming back on the "wrong" beat after a wee break. I tried doing a long mix with, I forget which record now, but it would always sound off halfway through. It was that "off" beat thing you're talking about. Gotta spin the other one out beforehand I guess.
Drove me mad trying to figure it out. See me play the record and count along to figure it out.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
hahaha.... PEE COCK.... LOL. poor Sara! Bet you wish you had've re-thought that handle eh?!

;)

I will most def. be in attendance for the showdown... hope you are both prepared for some drunkin' heckling!

*evil grin*

THE kid.

:cool: