• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dallas (tv series)

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
my girlfriend and i have rented and watched the first season of dallas.
Alot different than i thought it would be.
such a coincidence, the day we finsihed watching the last episode, we heard that they were making a movie with JENFIER LOPEZ, LUKE WILSON, & TRAVOLTA.

anyone else watch the show? (or had watched it?)

derek

TRIBE Member
my parents used dallas as a form of torture in our house. whenever i see it, i feel like the main character in a clock work orange where the psychololgists use a speculum-like device to keep his eyes open and force to watch footage of atrocities. i will never watch it, ever. the fact you could rent the first season and get thru it made me vomit in my mouth (just a little).

horrible show. could be due to my conditioning though. pavlov's theory at work i suppose.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
Dallas went through a huge revival among college kids five or six years ago...

but for the camp isn't Dynasty better?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

JAR

TRIBE Member
I used to watch Dallas every friday night with my parents when I was little. I would always sing along to the theme song...which I remember to this day!

Dallas and Falconcrest!:)

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
JAR said:
Falconcrest!:)
Loved that show as a kid. I remember one episode where Patrick Muldoon was stranded in Mexico or something and he had to play this game where he bet a certain amount of money, and put his foot in one of three shoes, but in one of the shoes was a scorpion.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Exactly!

I loved Dallas because it meant I could stay up late on a Friday with my folks and watch scandal and cat fights and oil tycoons and the like.

Remember that whole season that was just a dream?! What a rip.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Also, funny timing on this thread. I saw Larry Hagman on the news last night and I could have sworn he died a year ago. Odd.

JAR

TRIBE Member
kmac said:
Exactly!

I loved Dallas because it meant I could stay up late on a Friday with my folks and watch scandal and cat fights and oil tycoons and the like.

Remember that whole season that was just a dream?! What a rip.
that season wasn't orginally intended to be a dream. Patrick Duffy left the show to do films, but that didn't really work out and he came back to Dallas at the end of the dream season he wasn't in. The producers needed to fit him back into the story line so they created the dream thing. pretty fucking clever...in a cheesy 80's prime-time soap way.

lucinda

TRIBE Member
JAR said:
I used to watch Dallas every friday night with my parents when I was little. I would always sing along to the theme song...which I remember to this day!

Dallas and Falconcrest!:)
OMIGAWD...too cute :)