• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Dakota Access Pipeline

Stop Bill C-10

praktik

TRIBE Member
Yes but it's genius, helps tar Trump up a bit early and makes him own it if he reverses it.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
I thought that, too, but, if that was the reason for doing the reroute, it's not very noble. And, if Trump does reverse it, it will only really tar him up in the eyes of people who already know what he's about. His supporters don't seem too concerned about pipelines, coal burning or global warming. A reversal will be a win in their eyes.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
if Energy Transfer Partners tries to continue building, the people there will move in to halt it. If their hired mercenaries fire one shot, all hell will break loose.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
This whole situation is the fucking worst from both sides.

The more I research this the more I disagree with the protesters. But on the other hand the tactics used against them were awful.

Here is a really good referenced blog that cleared a lot up for me:

praktik

TRIBE Member
I thought that, too, but, if that was the reason for doing the reroute, it's not very noble. And, if Trump does reverse it, it will only really tar him up in the eyes of people who already know what he's about. His supporters don't seem too concerned about pipelines, coal burning or global warming. A reversal will be a win in their eyes.

Always more than one reason for any action! I don't imagine our leaders to be craven, soulless husks like some so I have no trouble picturing Obama holding some actually valid and well-meant motivations for the action as well.

I just like how Trump won't be able to say there's any continuity between him and Obama if he overrides the decision, which actually, he may not be able to do easily if you look into it.

So it may be this is so effective it actually even prevents Trump rolling it back. Diversion may be unstoppable.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I heard some protesters were looking down on water offered them by local natives cause it came from the tap, needed bottled water that was "fluoride free" - so I think some protesters have done a good job giving dirt to people to make fun of them for, that's for sure.

But I wouldn't let the worst hippie BS negate the fundamental seriousness of the underlying issues and the valid reasons for protest.

Fucking just divert that shit! No reason you need to even bring in native rights issues if you just don't fuck with their shit!!

praktik

TRIBE Member
Even with all the craziness happy this may turn into a galvanizing event - if there's one thing we're gonna need the next 4-8 years its a well motivated protest force!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

wickedken

TRIBE Member
I don't get why people think this is over... the pipeline will go through, just in a different place.