• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

DAFT PUNK's inability to fail.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
okay
so the new album wasn't so good (despite some decent tunes on it)...they don't tour, they don't show their faces, they barely do any remixes anymore, crydamoure is defunct, le knight club is defunct, together seems to be defunct, etc etc.

yet.

they have 2 of their so-called "not so great new songs" featured on big television commercials. and their 2 latest singles have 10+ remixes a piece.

these guys do barely any work and still rake in mega-star big bucks!!!!

i just wished the work out-put refelected the $ input.

anyone know of any new daft solo projects, side projects, french house acts, trax, or whatever?

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i mean, in the year 2006, im certain Daft Punk will commence a north american tour, hitting most large cities, including Toronto and most likely Montreal.

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ndrwrld
i mean, in the year 2006, im certain Daft Punk will commence a north american tour, hitting most large cities, including Toronto and most likely Montreal.
what?

that would contradict every other report i have ever read.

apparently they will never tour again, and haven't toured in years.

*but, i hope you are right.

(is there a reason you say this?)

physix

TRIBE Member
some folks actually consider "bad albums"
a failure, even if Loreal or whoever else
choses to license it.

so....

as artists --> failed

as marketers --> pwned!

viewing it as a success or failure really
depends on the kind of person you are...

one's man trash, after all...