• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Daft Punk - Human After All

phunkymunky

TRIBE Member
So that is the name of their new album. I've downloaded it and listened to it. Not sure if it's the final version but it's definitely Daft Punk.

I would've thought they'd have progressed. But no. Same crap as Discovery. I wasn't hoping for another Homework, even though that would be nice. But I was hoping for a different sound since Discovery was so different than Homework I figured they would make a similar move.

Tracklisting:

Human_after_all
The_prime_time_of_your_life
Robot_rock
Steam_machine
Make_love
The_brainwasher
On_off
Television_rules_the_nation
Technologic
Emotion

Release Date is March 22.
it's very 80's and electro and annoying and boring.

(now looking forward to the new underworld)
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
If you're looking for other opinions, there is already a discussion in progress here.

SJ
thumbsup.gif
 

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by phunkymunky
I would've thought they'd have progressed. But no. Same crap as Discovery. I wasn't hoping for another Homework, even though that would be nice. But I was hoping for a different sound since Discovery was so different than Homework I figured they would make a similar move.

Release Date is March 22.
it's very 80's and electro and annoying and boring.

(now looking forward to the new underworld)

I like this new album. but i like new things.
funny how you say it's the same as DISCOVERY....they arn't similar at all (except for being daft punk)

**i am so sick of people hoping for another HOMEWORK...discovery was by and large a much better "album".

Listen to Discovery and human After All back2back and you'd be hard pressed to find them as the same.

**also, this new album isn't really an 80's throwback, nor is it really boring.

but one opinion doesn't wash the other away.

RELAX, put the album on loud and enjoy it....it's fun and very well produced. (don't go judging things by what they are not)
 

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Smiley Jo
If you're looking for other opinions, there is already a discussion in progress here.

SJ
thumbsup.gif

but that's in the house forum!

if he posted it in there, he might get eaten alive by all the house heads!

and posting his thread here gives his discussion more views, which makes him cooler!!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ginsu

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Daft Punk - Human After All

Originally posted by sweetdaddy
I like this new album. but i like new things.
funny how you say it's the same as DISCOVERY....they arn't similar at all (except for being daft punk)

**i am so sick of people hoping for another HOMEWORK...discovery was by and large a much better "album".

Listen to Discovery and human After All back2back and you'd be hard pressed to find them as the same.

**also, this new album isn't really an 80's throwback, nor is it really boring.

but one opinion doesn't wash the other away.

RELAX, put the album on loud and enjoy it....it's fun and very well produced. (don't go judging things by what they are not)

So sorry, but there is no way you can convince me Discovery was a better album than Homework. Different yes, with some definite highlights, but Homework was defining and much more intricate and creative and daring. Discovery was ok for what it was, but there are some songs on there that are terribly weak, whereas Homework is a terrific listen all the way through.

I think there was a DVD created that has the whole album (of Discovery) as a soundtrack to the animation? I only saw up to Better, Faster, Harder, Whatever.

I am looking fwd to hearing this one though.
 

kaniz

TRIBE Member
I've been trying to give this album a listen from start to finish, but I find a number of the songs are simply irritating.

Not sure if I would call them bad, or poorly produced or whatever, but so far I dont like it, I find my self constnatly stopping songs and switching to other music because it actually irriates me to listen to alot of them.

Even the songs that are 'okayish' get too repetative - but not in a 'good way'

Dunno, I'll try and give it another chance or two and maybe it'll grow on me, but so far not liking it
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

phunkymunky

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Daft Punk - Human After All

Originally posted by vinder
!!!! when?

the only thing i could find was the following:

There are currently no dates to announce. Underworld are currently working on a new studio album, and should start touring again later in 2004. Don't worry, new dates will be shown on this page as soon as they are announced!

that was on their tour page. i believe the album will be out spring or summer.

also they are doing a show on dirty radio on feb.11 at 1pm EST.

Mr Smith + Mr Hyde fully representing Underworld would like to invite all the dirty peeps and their friends to join them on dirtyradio.net for their first live webcast of 2005 from the lemonworld studios romford england on:

thursday february 10

at

6pm GMT
(1pm Eastern 10am Pacific)
(3am february11 Tokyo)
 

phunkymunky

TRIBE Member
i don't think discovery was "bad". it just wasn't my taste. homework on the other hand rocks from the 1st second to the last second minus that stupid fresh song.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

global_groove6

TRIBE Member
discovery and homework are both awesome. Discovery is much more powerful in an emotional sense. Homework made me want to get my groove on. both masterpieces, hard to say which was better, 2 different sounds, 2 different moods. But I've listend to human after all about 10 times already and it doesnt compare to either of their first 2 albums. very dissapointing. some tracks get pretty annoying.
 

d.code

TRIBE Member
Discovery was okay. For me personally- it was a bit too over the top.
Homework was awsome. I loved it because alot of the songs on it were dirty.
 

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by global_groove6
discovery and homework are both awesome. Discovery is much more powerful in an emotional sense. Homework made me want to get my groove on. both masterpieces, hard to say which was better, 2 different sounds, 2 different moods. But I've listend to human after all about 10 times already and it doesnt compare to either of their first 2 albums. very dissapointing. some tracks get pretty annoying.

i agree with this whole-heartedly.

*i think the idea of HUMAN AFTER ALL is to be an album about the buzz of listening to a rock album.

it's not a rock album.

but "make love" sits as the middle of the album ballad.
"emotion" at the end is like an ode to emotional album ending tunes. (most rock albums end with a string ballad).

etc etc....i am not gonan spell it all out....but you may get what i'm saying if you look at it this way.

it feels like an ode to the feelings of listening to a great 70's rock album.

i am not sure if i have been clear about this!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sweetdaddy

TRIBE Member
Being that this album is getting such horrid reviews.

I was curious how many copies actually sold in it's first week for sale....anyone know?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top