• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Cutest funniest ever: my 6 year old student told me about her parents having sex

swilly

TRIBE Member
So this past week I was teaching as per usual. I have several students who are quite smart and can communicate a lot of high level concepts with very limited vocabulary. This one girl wendy who is 6 years old is super cute and spunky and just like a really smart and sly girl. You can totally tell she is going to be trouble in the future. Anyways this past week she was like "uhhh william teacher mommy and daddy kiss many many many * wendy slaps her hands togethor while saying mommy daddy kiss* and then wendy HELLO!!!"

I was like OMG wendy what did you say? She started rolling around on the groung laughing and i was so taken back by the whole thing i fell to the ground with her and pretty soon me and the whole class were freaking out in laughter. It only stopped when one of the korean teachers came in and asked what was going on and i was like "uhhhhh" trying to think of what to say and wendy said " ohhh ivy teacher william bongu(fart) us happy happy".

I was like ok fair enough easier then explaining what had actually happened.

so funny though

swilly san

the Doctor

TRIBE Member
Between Swilly's tribe stories and Thumpr's real life stories, I don't think there is a minute in the day where I'm not in hysterics.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

acheron

TRIBE Member
alex, change swilly's tribename to "bongu(fart)" STAT!

edit: what the hell kind of english are you teaching these kids, Swilly? They talk like they pick words out of a jar and string them together as they see fit.

swilly

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
alex, change swilly's tribename to "bongu(fart)" STAT!

edit: what the hell kind of english are you teaching these kids, Swilly? They talk like they pick words out of a jar and string them together as they see fit.

they are korean! and have been learning english for a total of 1 year. I wonder how good your french was after 1 year at the age of 5 ( in korea there is a year difference in age).

swilly san

acheron

TRIBE Member
Oh, i'm just kidding you Swills... I think it's a good thing what you're doing there in that teaching place with the kids and the learning and the words and everything. I have to wonder how clear my Korean would be after a year if someone tried to teach it to me when I was 5 or 6...

swilly

TRIBE Member
SneakyPete said:
Pretty smart for a 6 year old to come up with that on the spot!
the kids in a lot of ways see me and them allied against the korean teachers. They know when they are with me i dont care so much about rules or whatever. So i will let them speak korean in class as long as it helps the conversation and they are learning. The korean teachers are dogamitic in thier beliefs that it must all be done in english. I however see little value in explaining with pictures and actions and examples of what octopus means when i can say "munah" in 2 seconds and carry on with the lesson. the kids know this and the respect me for it. They aso know that the korean teachers dont like it when we are speakign mixed korean and english ( as my korean is so so ). But honestly whatever if we can have a so so converation and we are communicating i see a lot of benefit from the class. The kids can learn way more from me if we can actually communicate than if i am just rehash what it says in the book over and over again.

swilly san

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
the "san" suffix is japanese. you are in korea.

also, the -san suffix is an example of 'honorific' language. it is rude to use it when talking about oneself.

just FYI, round-eye.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i didn't mean for my last post to sound harsh. i was just trying to inform.

keep up the stories, swilly, you crazy made-up person.

Shug

TRIBE Member
I thought swilly previously spent a lot of time in Japan before making the "mistake" of going to Korea?

As for the obnoxious egoism of attributing an honourific in the first person... well, he is a Triber. The members of the Raverus triberus species aren't exactly known for their humility. ;)

swilly

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
the "san" suffix is japanese. you are in korea.

also, the -san suffix is an example of 'honorific' language. it is rude to use it when talking about oneself.

just FYI, round-eye.

I know but i like the sound of it and it kinda reminds me of happy days of old. It is one of the few happy things i have that keep me going here.
PS its red skin not round eye
swilly san

Jeffsus

TRIBE Member
bongo means brains in swahili.

I am playing madonna at levels that rattle my shelves and soon as that beer cools below 30 im gonna drink it.

-jM
A&D

green_souljah

TRIBE Member
swilly said:
the kids in a lot of ways see me and them allied against the korean teachers. They know when they are with me i dont care so much about rules or whatever. So i will let them speak korean in class as long as it helps the conversation and they are learning. The korean teachers are dogamitic in thier beliefs that it must all be done in english. I however see little value in explaining with pictures and actions and examples of what octopus means when i can say "munah" in 2 seconds and carry on with the lesson. the kids know this and the respect me for it. They aso know that the korean teachers dont like it when we are speakign mixed korean and english ( as my korean is so so ). But honestly whatever if we can have a so so converation and we are communicating i see a lot of benefit from the class. The kids can learn way more from me if we can actually communicate than if i am just rehash what it says in the book over and over again.

swilly san

Are you seriously teaching engrish?