• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

curious..

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
So besides naked muisc, what other house djs/producers would you like to see come thru this city... i am just getting more and more into house music.

anyone ever seen the Rurals?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

shanekingsley

TRIBE Member
the rurals are great. They came in for a party a few years back that was held at the Zen lounge across from Nasa. The party was thrown by Poundhouse and they went all out on decorations, visuals and atmosphere. They did a really great job on the party so props to them for that. The tunes were serious and the singer..... she can really sing. Tiny girl that I actually thought was just doing the mic check and then she starts singing and knocked my socks off.
Before that I had already bought several double and triple pack compilations produced by The Rurals. If you want a free mixed cd that is 60 minutes of purely The Rurals then feel free to send an e-mail to shanekingsley@hotmail.com with "Rurals cd" in the subject line so my junk mail filter doesn't delete it. I actually have two different sets of The Rurals so they're yours for the taking. Completely free!!! Did someone say FREE????
Asides from having the Rurals grace us again, I really like seeing Mark Grant, Heather, J-Dub, and other dj's that are upbeat and mix flawlessly. Tons of local talent meet this criteria as well. I used to like the naked music feel, but now I feel that it all sounds too much the same, although to be fair,....I haven't heard the newer material lately. Miguel Migs is a great DJ. Incredible programmer. So is Iz and Diz. And of course.... Theo Parrish.
A very successful party lineup :
Room 1: Jason Palma(3hrs) to open, followed by Theo Parrish(3hrs).
Room 2: King Sunshine and The Rurals in the other room just jammin for 5 hours.. Throw the party at the Reverb/Holy Joes on Queen. Best space for King Sunshine & The Rurals hands down....

I missed the Anthony Nicholson party this past weekend, but that would have been a set to enjoy as well, as I have heard from friends who went. Props to Soulutions for that one.

thats'all for now

olde

TRIBE Member
I saw King Sunsine with Nick Holder at B-Side a while ago during the Dumaurier festival. They were fantastic, I don't think I really got it at the time though.

It's hard to think of many people that I would like to see that don't come through town that often. Garage 416 does their job well.

jordan

Desire

TRIBE Promoter
my personal choice would be The Timewriter...unfortunately there is not enough support for him here to bring him down from Germany but perhaps...you never know.

The Timewriter at Sudbury 99 would be the ultimate tech house experience...and Jesper Dahlback playing The Persuaider licks...damn...deep house with a tech touch at it's finest these two!

for listening pleasure:
The Timewriter "Diary of a lonely Sailor"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

smack

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Desire
The Timewriter

:cool:

Yes! Him and Terry Lee Brown Jr. together would be awesome!

Also, someone should really bring the Wiggle crew out here. Terry Francis, Eddie Richards, Nathan Coles etc.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
another vote for timewriter, terry lee brown jr. Plastic City represent!

I'd also like to see The Rurals, always loved them but haven't heard them live.

I'd love to see guided methods, don kinsley and the urban jazz naturals, thomas sahs and paul paredes of midas, and the muzique boutique dudes.

zoo

TRIBE Member
i'm a huuuuuge fan of the timewriter, although i'd put him in an subdued-electro-house/min-techno/deep-glitch-house/akufen type setting before a deep house setting :D

Desire

TRIBE Promoter
...fair enough...let's just refer to it as The Timewriter..:cool:

and I must admit that I'm excited to see so many fans of his!

a|

nuttz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon
another vote for timewriter, terry lee brown jr. Plastic City represent!

I'd also like to see The Rurals, always loved them but haven't heard them live.

I'd love to see GUIDED METHODS , don kinsley and the urban jazz naturals, thomas sahs and paul paredes of midas, and the muzique boutique dudes.
GUIDED METHODS

Somebody needs to bring Bobby Valentine (Guided Methods) to Toronto. I hear his dj sets are as good as his production is. Guided Methods are the one's that did the Digabel Planets rebirth of Slick- remix. Can't get enough of that track.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smack
Also, someone should really bring the Wiggle crew out here. Terry Francis, Eddie Richards, Nathan Coles etc.

Evil Eddie will be in Kitchener on March 13th, pass it along, I'll have more details shortly

odbx

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by nuttz
GUIDED METHODS

Somebody needs to bring Bobby Valentine (Guided Methods) to Toronto. I hear his dj sets are as good as his production is. Guided Methods are the one's that did the Digabel Planets rebirth of Slick- remix. Can't get enough of that track.

Amen to that. There's alot of cats I'd like to se play down here.

Justin Long
Dan X
Natural Rhythm
Jrod & Pat Nice
Lawchair Generals
Joey Youngman
John Larner & Slater Hogan
Raoul Belmans (swirl peeps)

Oh, wait a minute......

I'm gonna be seeing most of these guys play next week at the conference!!! woot woot!!!!!
:D

ahhhh.... now THIS is gonna be heaven:

miami2b.jpg

nuttz

TRIBE Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't Rub it in!
I would love to be in Miami next week Drinking and groovin to dope house music under the blazing sun..

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
yah bite me circle. :mad:

unfortunately miami is just not feasible for me this year. Last year was fun, but this year looks like it's going to be better.

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
Yes i love time Rider Diary of a lonley salior. Someone told me that his music was considerd "prague" i dunno even know what kind of music is prague.... i just know i love time rider

anyone ebery herd of Bernard Badie? I have this great jazzy house track called Love Explosion put out on cajual in 1995...

ktown

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by oddmyth
Evil Eddie will be in Kitchener on March 13th, pass it along, I'll have more details shortly

he's acutally in waterloo on march 26th - 12$ @ door - advance tickets available through mike mitchell

funk21

TRIBE Member
Wish List

1.) Tiefschwartz-DJ or Live PA if they do one.
Their production is out of this world-I bet they would give the T-Dot peeps someting to talk about!!!!.

2.) Paul Parades, Scott Pace or Thomas Sahs
Have loved everything these Kats have done-Bumpin, Electro-E, and Jackin

3.) David Duriez
Besides the fact that he a Sh*t hot producer this boy can jack it on the wheels of steel. I listen to his set on undergroundhouse.net and it's awesome.

4.) 2020 Soundsytem
The boys from 2020 Records can do no wrong in my eyes, it would be a real treat to hear their live show!!!

All the names mentioned in earlier posts sound great-Huge fan of Terry and Jesper D-Love the Persuader.

Cheers
Ben

Last edited:

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
Yes i love time Rider Diary of a lonley salior. Someone told me that his music was considerd "prague" i dunno even know what kind of music is prague.... i just know i love time rider

anyone ebery herd of Bernard Badie? I have this great jazzy house track called Love Explosion put out on cajual in 1995...

maybe they meant "prog" :)

ben

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mrs peacock
What about Dylan Drazen?

Any one ever see him spin?

that would be nice... i am loving his 'equator' mix right now.

and I second (or third?) david alvarado...