• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

curious...

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
so how is it you folks are able to stick to a track until it's done? i think i must have a.d.d. or something, 'cause i can never stick to it 'til completion. i always seem to lose interest, get pissed off, or come up with ideas for new tracks.
i find that once the choon's main bits are set, often the fun part is over, and the tweaking and whatnot just becomes monotonous... not to mention that by this point you've prolly already heard the damn thing like 200 times.

i've been producing for almost 2 years now, but i've only ever completed 6 tracks, whereas i have 74 on the go..

anyone else have this problem¿

damn you sticktoitiveness! DAMN YOU!

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Guy i have the same problems sometimes.
I like something im working on, then after hearing it and hearing it, i get so sick of it, then i think it then sucks, wierd i know but......

what i do to over come that is, take a break every once and a while, (like im doing now:D ) go for a smoke, fuck your wifey..whatever you have to do, ya know?

Also, i notice the more i listen to it, the more it starts to sound right/good, but really its off, sounds like shit or something like that .And thats why its also good to take a break every so often, so when you come back you notice your mistakes.

anyways, my breaks done;)

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
I don't know other than to say that I see the picture then usually hit the studio. What I mean by this is that I usually get my insperation, ideas at the wierdest of times and can just go and produce them. But the flip side is I can go months with nothing moving me. When that happens I may make sounds,loops, etc but nothing gets done. I guess just for me and the people I work with we just try to say something in our music, so it is worth the finished product.

Though I am not saying that is the right way or anything.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Humanjava
I don't know other than to say that I see the picture then usually hit the studio. What I mean by this is that I usually get my insperation, ideas at the wierdest of times and can just go and produce them. But the flip side is I can go months with nothing moving me. When that happens I may make sounds,loops, etc but nothing gets done. I guess just for me and the people I work with we just try to say something in our music, so it is worth the finished product.
i'm exactly the same way, but during those lulls in inspiration, i keep going. this can be problematic in that if you're not really feeling the track, why bother to make it, but i also find that often some of my best shit comes from trying to work out an idea, when something goes horribly wrong, but it sounds great...

because of that, i try to keep my down time to a minimum.

on a side note, it seems everyone in the producers room is either a bedroom producer(so to speak), or someone with big plans, thus far lacking in the fruition department¿ i only say this 'cause i've never seen any releases by most of the folks in here, but i get so much good advice from this place, that i'd really like to hear some of what peeps are doing.

docta seuss

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hysterical

i notice the more i listen to it, the more it starts to sound right/good, but really its off, sounds like shit or something like that.
hehe.. a problem we all have i'm sure. levels of inebriation/stonededness have much to do with this as well.

i've made plenty o' really zany 4:30 am shit after coming home from a night on the town... at the time it sounds great, but when morning rolls around, all it's good for is a laugh.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Don't worry dood I have the same problem. Like 150 projects but none 100% finished. The problem that I have that bothers me most is that I don't name them descriptive enough to find them easy when I am back in a certain mood!

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
I I haven’t finished anything is soooo long. I have hundreds of "seeds" sorted, cept I too forget WTF I named the bastard then I have to hunt ma ass off... I usually just go to work on something new.

I'm hoping to just lay down all this raw material and eventually develop something that I feel like running with for 6-12 trks. Until then I just rock hype "seeds"

If anyone has problems with initial concepts, I have a lot of hype shit for you to twist up and arrange.

Nick

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
^ he does good seeds and I often take them to arrange.

BTW and a little off topic but it may explain some of what ppl think is my insanity... This is the reason I do like certain programs/hardware over others. I find SX, Nuendo, Ptools, Merging Audios Pyramix, or Even Sadie systems are awsome for bringing in the loops and arranging. Honestly there are only so many ways to arrange things. Even when I had to do full scores in University you realise that certain rules seems to keep repeating themselves.

But I love mixing down other ppl's stuff to make the most of it. More than mastering(sometimes)