• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

curb your enthusiasm

judge wopner

TRIBE Member
i guess people either love or hate this show.

i love it!!

rumors around about it coming back to showcase... any word on this?
what about season #1 on dvd?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Snapper
On a somewhat related note, when is the Seinfeld season DVDs coming out?
Never. Well not in the near future at least.

Someone apparently has made their own DVD set and is selling them on the net (illegally, obviously). I have no clue as to the quality of them though, or whether or not they include the commercials.

Cheers ... Ian :)

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by judge wopner
is that only on hbo, or on showcase?
Season 4 is on HBO & The Movie Network starting next week
Showcase is a season behind - they'll be showing season 3 starting in Feb.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Saw the first episode of season 4 last night, brilliant! Best sitcom on TV right now.

Can't wait till Showcase start showing season 3.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
good episode tonite - I like how things are set up for the season and they'll undoubtedly be things that are connected and referenced to.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Soundstream
Never. Well not in the near future at least.

Someone apparently has made their own DVD set and is selling them on the net (illegally, obviously). I have no clue as to the quality of them though, or whether or not they include the commercials.

Cheers ... Ian :)
more than likely the quality is great. most shows these days are ripped from an hdtv feed with the commercials cut perfectly out.

obviously, its illegal to sell the bootleg dvds - but its probably not so bad to download them from www.suprnova.org and burn them yourself!

/me pats his recently burnt dvd with the first 9 episodes of THE OC.

YEAH SETH!

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I hate this show.

I don't know why, maybe i'm just so societally conditioned to only appreciate humour with a laugh track that my independent thought doesn't extend beyond it but....

I HATE IT.

bring back seinfeld!!

Not counting animation (Simpsons, Family guy)

This was the best sitcom of the 90's without a doubt!

~allie~

smack

TRIBE Member
Best show on TV right now. I think its true though, you either love this or hate it. And I'm surprised when there are big seinfeld fans who don't like this. Seinfeld had more memorable characters, but Curb Your Enthusiasm has more memorable "situations".

What time does this usually air on TMN? and also Showcase? Everytime I've watched this its been on at a different time.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
I think this show is great,as it should be as Larry David is the writer. I feel it gets a little too 'jewish' at times,but still worth it none the less.As far as bringing back Seinfeld goes,I wouldn't.Once Larry David left that show went downhill,but it was still miles above any other tripe that was on tv.I personally would care less if it gets released on dvd since it will probably be in syndication til I die,fuck it's on tv 5 or 6 times a day,I've seen each episode about 100 times.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by smack
Best show on TV right now. I think its true though, you either love this or hate it. And I'm surprised when there are big seinfeld fans who don't like this. Seinfeld had more memorable characters, but Curb Your Enthusiasm has more memorable "situations".

What time does this usually air on TMN? and also Showcase? Everytime I've watched this its been on at a different time.
Well, if last nite's any indication it'll be on TMN Tuesdays at 8:30 (Two days after the HBO airing) and no doubt repeating during the week.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

aether

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
I hate this show.

I was the same way for the first two episodes I watched. Then I was strangely drawn back to it, and now I love it. It causes me so much mental anguish, but in a good way. It's like 'the office', or watching that scene in Swingers, where the guy keeps phoning the girl's answering machine, and you sit there going ... 'noo!! you fool!! stop!!!' whilst slamming your head on the coffee table.

My girlfriend at the time never did get past the 'hate' stage tho :)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
last night's was funny...but the bit with the doctor and the phone was getting a bit annoying...to love this show means you have to put up with the same misanthropic comedy EVERY show

I'll be tuning in though...I love larry's relationship with Richard, they have really funny dialogue:)

Renton

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
I think this show is great,as it should be as Larry David is the writer. I feel it gets a little too 'jewish' at times.
"Too Jewish". Hardly... Sure, some of the plots or sub-plots are based around Jewish things. But the lead character is Jewish, and it only makes sense that occasionally David might use his religion as a basis for humour, and he pulls it off well.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Hilarious episode tonight.

Faked heart attacks, the surrogate, Muggsy Bogues, David Schwimmer's dad ('..cocksucker, you bald motherfucker!").

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories