• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Crossfit

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
Good luck on 14.5 everyone! Looks full body systems taxing.
did it this morning in just under 18 minutes. brutal and never-ending. break up those thrusters earlier than you think you need to for anyone attempting it this weekend.

super happy i decided to sign up for the open, even though i've only been doing cross fit for 5 months. for an "old guy" i'm almost in the top half of canada east.

now doing around the bay sunday morning to complete my stupid weekend.

c.

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
Girl on my team at the Beach WoD last year beat Annie Throsdaughters time on 14.5! She's like 13th in Canada East.

I'm set to do it tomorrow noonish.

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
Time? Mine would be measured in days.
1:14. We've done a "Cindy" version of The Murph, where we do a mile run, 20 rounds of Cindy, then another mile run. This time we took a shot at the rx version. The pushups were the worst, got down to doing singles and they took forever. Luckily i do weight vest pull-ups 2-3 times a week, so I got through those ok. A guy at my box is ex-military and did DOUBLE MURPH yesterday. 2 hours 46 minutes.

c.

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
1:14. We've done a "Cindy" version of The Murph, where we do a mile run, 20 rounds of Cindy, then another mile run. This time we took a shot at the rx version. The pushups were the worst, got down to doing singles and they took forever. Luckily i do weight vest pull-ups 2-3 times a week, so I got through those ok. A guy at my box is ex-military and did DOUBLE MURPH yesterday. 2 hours 46 minutes.

c.
I started Crossfit a year ago to get prepped for World's Toughest Mudder 2013, and a year later I'm heading to Las Vegas tomorrow for the 2014 version of World's Toughest Mudder. I'm in much better shape thanks to a year of cross fitting under my (now smaller) belt, and am hoping to get close to the 75 mile marker in 24 hours of racing.

c.

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
I can only do one round now before I weep in a corner.
seeing as the deadlift and squat clean are both over my 1RM, I think I'll still need to do some work before I attempt that. I've been really focusing on cardio-endurance & upper body strength training for WTM with all the ring/monkey bar type obstacles, once i get back I'm getting on a heavy oly lifting program. WTM has a updated streaming part on their website if y'all want to follow along.

c.

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
That's awesome. Good luck and post updates!

My goal is king kong. To just complete it.

awesome time at WTM 2014 in the desert outside las vegas. course had over 800' of elevation per lap, and many called it the toughest course of the 4 WTMs. Lots of body weight obstacles, and Crossfit training all year defiantly helped push me through them. Finished 50 miles over 24 straight hours, only stopping between 5 mile loops to eat some food and change into wetsuits once it got dark. Crazy sand storm blew through all night, winds at 60mph dropped the temps down below 0*C with the windchill, causing over half the race to drop out (or hunker down in their tents until morning, fighting hypothermia). 169th place out of over 1000 mudders who started.

c.