1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cross-platform Integration in gaming...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Shug, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Shug

Shug TRIBE Member

Last night I had this crazy vivid dream where I was playing a game that was persistent across PC, handheld, and console... and the handheld was GPS/RFID-aware, with motion detection... the handheld was almost like a wiimote and a BB mixed. Me and a friend we're "battling" against each other throughout the day with our respective devices (the game itself was almost like Pokemon or The World Ends With You, but with a combination of motion detection and controller-like actions), via peer-to-peer Wifi.

The actions and gaming that I did throughout the day while working and running around, etc were uploaded automatically into the console once I got home (Wifi? Bluetooth?), and equated into in-game rewards/XP on the more robust console experience that I played at home.

It was all one game, I was playing the same game all day while doing the rest of my daily life stuff... and it played out like almost an ARG-RPG hybrid. Crazy.

Thinking about it, though - all this technology already exists between console/handheld/smartphone/PC... all that's needed is standardization/integration technology and the creative narrative.

Hrm, it was a weird dream... I have a feeling I'll see this kind of thing come out of Japan in teh coming few years... it felt like a Nintendo kind of convergence product.

2. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I feel that you may be playing too many video games

3. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

My Fiancee says I play to many video games lol... I agree and I play more just to piss her off lol.

4. Shug

Shug TRIBE Member