• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Crib

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
An awesome card game that requires intellect, a sharp mind and cunning strategies- so probably no one from here plays it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
yes indeed

Originally posted by Gunark
I think my grandma plays that.

all of our grandmothers play it

when i grow old, im gonna be a derty, misguided, deviant rehab patient VYING for cybernetic rejuvination/brain transplant into cloned body grown to term of 25 years

so i never have to learn HOW to play crib

aint no crib in dis here CRIB

CHICKEN!

-jybot - VICTORY FOR ZIMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

defazman

TRIBE Member
I used to play a lot of cribbage with my grandma. Is crib the same as cribbage?

15 two, 15 four, pair is six

wayne kenoff

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by defazman
I used to play a lot of cribbage with my grandma. Is crib the same as cribbage?

15 two, 15 four, pair is six

that's the one. i defy tribe to name a better two player card game.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I play crib with my family all the time. It's a great game. I've never played it on the internet. I have a crib board at home--from my folks, of course--but the markers have all broken off or gotten lost, so we have to play with match sticks. I've been looking to buy replacements, but I've never found just a pack of cribbage sticks--anyone know if they sell these anywhere?

sk8

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lysistrata
I play crib with my family all the time. It's a great game. I've never played it on the internet. I have a crib board at home--from my folks, of course--but the markers have all broken off or gotten lost, so we have to play with match sticks. I've been looking to buy replacements, but I've never found just a pack of cribbage sticks--anyone know if they sell these anywhere?

you can get them at places like toys r us or anywhere they sell toys or games.

sometimes dollar stores have them too.

i love cribbage. we play all the time and even have a foldy travel board.

never played on the internet though.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
I think my grampa plays it on yahoo.

He uses various different names, but they all have the word 'tank' in them.

He also says things like 'it takes courage to use the language of respect and restraint, rather than the diatribe of contempt' when people get lippy on there.

And he prints out the standings all the time to show me when he's in the top whatever.

Lainey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by wayne kenoff
that's the one. i defy tribe to name a better two player card game.

Rummy 500 is the best!

It's a really good game to play while having some drinks, it doesn't require too much concentration.

I hate complex card games. I've tried to learn how to play euchre like 10 times but i still have no idea what it's all about.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by sk8
you can get them at places like toys r us or anywhere they sell toys or games.

sometimes dollar stores have them too.

i love cribbage. we play all the time and even have a foldy travel board.

never played on the internet though.

Really? I tried at the games store at college park and at the one underground up at bloor and yonge and nothing.

I guess I'll go to Toys R Us (I always avoid big chain stores, but sometimes ya just can't.)

"language of respect and restrain"--hahahahaha, soooooo different from the way my family plays crib! Ah, the safe and secure environment where I first got to call my mother a filthy bitch and other niceties.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirtymatt
I am currently hooked on this game on yahoo. Does anyone else play there?

matt

Yep... Its like the #1 passtime for Newfies... beer and crib... I learned when I was 10... I find not a lot of people play here in Ontario though...