• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Creepy Story Currently Unfolding Over Reddit

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Someone has a sex dungeon apartment at a Houston hotel with a two way mirror, and the hotel accidentally rented it out to someone they shouldn't have, and now the story has hit the internet.

There is a reason to believe that the room links to a secret society/frat, and some bankers who are in jail for fraud.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
newspaper articles say its a "playful spin on a jail experience"
Actually that article is completely wrong and has been debunked by Redditors. The Newspaper printed a report about the secret room by using the Hotel Spokesperson "official response" at face value. It is largely speculated that the Hotel is furiously attempting to coverup a potential PR nightmare at this point.

Reasons:

1. Why would the room feature a portrait of an alledged Ponzi Scheme fraudster front and centre?

2. The room has absolutely nothing to do with a real dungeon theme and is not in keeping with any of the hotels other genuinely themed rooms, all graciously large and luxurious.

3. Redditors who called the hotel BEFORE PR staff realized it hit the internet were unable to reserve the room or confirm its existence from Hotel Staff.

4. It is approximately 33% the size of any other known hotel room on the premises, and contains what is likely a 2-way mirror.

Story still developing... love the Internet on boring days.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Actually that article is completely wrong and has been debunked by Redditors. The Newspaper printed a report about the secret room by using the Hotel Spokesperson "official response" at face value. It is largely speculated that the Hotel is furiously attempting to coverup a potential PR nightmare at this point.

Reasons:

1. Why would the room feature a portrait of an alledged Ponzi Scheme fraudster front and centre?

2. The room has absolutely nothing to do with a real dungeon theme and is not in keeping with any of the hotels other genuinely themed rooms, all graciously large and luxurious.

3. Redditors who called the hotel BEFORE PR staff realized it hit the internet were unable to reserve the room or confirm its existence from Hotel Staff.

4. It is approximately 33% the size of any other known hotel room on the premises, and contains what is likely a 2-way mirror.

Story still developing... love the Internet on boring days.
The prison theme explains 1,2 and 4. 2-way mirror is unproven.

videotronic

TRIBE Member
[–]biffpow 32 points 1 day ago
Ok, let's approach this reasonably, point by point:
--It's not a standard "theme room". The framed photo of the older man negates this option. That item makes no sense within the scope of what's being claimed as the theme. The huge balcony is antithetical within the scope of the theme as well. And the paintings, while creepy, don't make sense within the scope of the theme either. Even prison cells in movies don't look like that.
--It appears to be a room created for some very specific audience or purpose. The framed photo suggests this because of its odd specificity. The related signed paintings would also suggest this. The lack of a real unifying, commercially recognizable theme also suggests this. It's not a "normal" room, and it's not a normal theme room either. It seems most likely to be for a specific staff member or regular guest or specific type of guest.
--The brick wall is architecturally inconsistent. This much is obvious. This may mean the mirror is 2-way, and (whether that's the case or not) it may mean there's a "secret room" or adjoining room purposefully adjacent to the one we see. That's only speculation--however suggestive it may be. The brick wall could also simply have been added as a result of the potential audience-related reasons for why this room exists (ie: to have a sturdier-looking wall to attach the chain to--in other words, the wall, like the chain, is just a prop).
--The name the hotel has given for the room's theme, "Hard Times," has obvious sexual innuendo. This may have been unintentional, or it may be a code to the specific guests who use it. Again, this is speculation, but it is what the room is actually called in the hotel's files, according to several sources at this point.
--The hotel is hiding something. Hotels make their money by renting rooms. Period. Their response, in two cases of some regular guest having been put in this room, was to immediately transfer them to another room. They also don't advertise this room among their other themed rooms. The most logical conclusion is that this is is not a room they want to rent to the public. That would strongly suggest that there's something about this room that makes it different from all their other rentable rooms. And too much effort was made in decorating/creating the room for it to be kept this way without a purpose. This is not a storage room, it's a clean, rentable room in a hotel that is not being offered or advertised for rent in the manner that all their other rooms are. This hotel is hiding something.
--There are two somewhat easy ways to solve this mystery: 1) rent the room, explore it, and report back. 2) Obtain reliable information from a source at the hotel (not their PR person) (obviously). There are other ways to solve this mystery as well (none of which I'm advocating, of course): 1) Rent another room at the hotel and access 322 during your stay. 2) Obtain the rental records for 322 from the hotel. 3) Obtain the blueprints on file for that floor of the hotel (though these documents are often not accurate). 4) Entice a hotel staff member to allow you access to 322 and any adjoining rooms necessary to solve the mystery.
Finally, and this is a deduction, not a logical conclusion: taking all of the elements in the room into account, the thing this room looks most like is a holding room, where a kidnapper or killer would place their victim--to observe them and psychologically confuse them. In no way am I suggesting that's what it's actually used for. Only that, if there is any sort of fantasy theme I could attach to this room based on appearance alone, it would be that. And there are certainly people who would enjoy that kind of fantasy role play. And it would be obvious why the hotel would behave about the room as it has if that were the actual theme. The framed photo still has only a tenuous place within that theme (as an element of confusion, possibly suggestive of domination to the captive) (due to its height on the wall, its expression of authority, etc), so I'm not concluding that's what's happening here, only offering my best deduction as to a possible theme any of us could label.
some people have active imaginations.

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
some people have active imaginations.
Truth is often stranger than fiction... frankly I think the answer you linked is probably a lot closer to reality than it may appear. Too many things about this room are way off, which makes the mystery all the more intriguing.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
the part about the carpet is the freakiest (OK there's a lot of freaky stuff there). quickly glued down carpet instillation with signs that it's regularly changing in a hurry. not good.

I agree, I think this is very sinister and probably the site of some organized bad things

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

videotronic

TRIBE Member
let me get this straight. i just want to make sure im getting this here..

the skull and bones society, full of some of the smartest and most powerful ivy league-educated men in america, has created a sex dungeon in a hotel in houston. they've done this in the room number that is associated with their group. they've put a picture up on the wall of one of their members to watch over them while they fuck/murder people, and they've done all this in a regular old "open to the public" boutique hotel....one that has minimum-wage staff (many of whom probably probably turn-over every few months) all of whom are aware of its existence, are complicit in its use as intended as a fuck/murder venue, clean it after the fucking/murdering takes place but yet all somehow remain quiet about it?

then one of the persons using it finds out the story has hit the internet, panics, signs up for reddit to offer the OP the monstrous sum of $1000 to try to cover it up.

am i on track?

newstyle666

TRIBE Member

the skull and bones society, full of some of the smartest and most powerful ivy league-educated men in america, has created a sex dungeon in a hotel in houston. they've done this in the room number that is associated with their group. they've put a picture up on the wall of one of their members to watch over them while they fuck/murder people, and they've done all this in a regular old "open to the public" boutique hotel....one that has minimum-wage staff (many of whom probably probably turn-over every few months) all of whom are aware of its existence, are complicit in its use as intended as a fuck/murder venue, clean it after the fucking/murdering takes place but yet all somehow remain quiet about it?

then one of the persons using it finds out the story has hit the internet, panics, signs up for reddit to offer the OP the monstrous sum of $1000 to try to cover it up.

am i on track?
Yes.

praktik

TRIBE Member

am i on track?
Yep! All we need now is a tangential connection to 9/11 and chemtrails and the crackpot trifecta will be complete!

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
The only thing that is freaking me out is the painting/picture with the guy/girl dressed in red.

The OP who found the room wrote the following - "And to the very new redditor offering me a bounty to delete this thread - I'll totally do it because cash is cash. But i don't want to die either. So let's do this publicly - I'm posting your message you sent me. And we can meet at the Monarch bar next week - I'll be in town on Monday & will update this thread when I get to Monarch so we can meet."

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Yep! All we need now is a tangential connection to 9/11 and chemtrails and the crackpot trifecta will be complete!
I have it on good authority from an Opus Dei buddy that the exposure of this room is connected to the Pope's resignation.

Karim

TRIBE Member
A viral marketing publicity stunt that brings attention to this 'theme room hotel' and intrigues people enough to check out the other rooms.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories