• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Creating ringtones w/ iPhone 5

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
Hi all,

I've been looking for 30 minutes on how to add a song as my ringer. It's so difficult. Below is what i tried to do!

1) right click on song and go to get info
2) put the to and end time
3) click OK
4) right click on song and click on 'create acc' file
5) drag ACC file to desk top
6) change extension to m4r
7) click on the song and it should play
8) sync your iphone with the ringer

it's not working for me! I even created a 'ring tone' file in my iphone music and it won't work.. any help would be great! Tks.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
You've done all the steps properly.

Now in iTunes, do you have a "Tones" section on your sidebar?

If the answer is yes, then you just have to click on your iPhone (while it's connected) and then click to the "Tones" tab. Then make sure the "Sync Tones" is checked off. Resync.

If there is no "Tones" tab, you haven't imported the ringtone yet.

Pop it in a folder where you will not delete it on your Hard Drive. Then Drag/Drop it on iTunes. Tones should now appear on your sidebar, make sure you're syncing them. Resync.

If you have Tones but the ringtone doesn't appear, drag/drop.

Let me know if any of these helps.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Holy crap that is complicated. This is why everyone at work is ditching the iphone. Everything is easier on Android.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
You've done all the steps properly.

Now in iTunes, do you have a "Tones" section on your sidebar?

If the answer is yes, then you just have to click on your iPhone (while it's connected) and then click to the "Tones" tab. Then make sure the "Sync Tones" is checked off. Resync.

If there is no "Tones" tab, you haven't imported the ringtone yet.

Pop it in a folder where you will not delete it on your Hard Drive. Then Drag/Drop it on iTunes. Tones should now appear on your sidebar, make sure you're syncing them. Resync.

If you have Tones but the ringtone doesn't appear, drag/drop.

Let me know if any of these helps.
ok tks.. and how long do you make the songs? like 30 seconds?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
ok i did it. i had to do it from the itunes folder. man that is confusing.. with blackberries you just have to pick a song and select 'add as ring tone' and it works.

kuba

TRIBE Member
fuck android and apple, this shit takes 2 seconds on the proper device you aren't using - the blackberry

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
is this what apple users think of android? i must switch to apple since my phone could be infected right now! :rolleyes:
Ha ha... it's kinda what the world thinks of android. Lets have a look at the past 3 years of threats on mobile eco-systems.
Looking at this handy graph it's pretty easy to see which platform is the LEAST safe. :rolleyes:

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Balzz

TRIBE Member
I'm a huge iThingie and OSX user but malware/vulnerabilities aren't even on my radar when it comes to why I use these platforms.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Blue Meanies

TRIBE Member
Sorry what is it about Security that makes it so Iphone can't make it simple to add a ringtone?
Umm you said everything is easier on Android which allowed me to segway into the increasing security issue with the Android platform. Which is why I said what I said. :)

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
fuck android and apple, this shit takes 2 seconds on the proper device you aren't using - the blackberry
OK... your response is both retarded and ignorant.. seriously... have you ever fucking owned an android? Adding a new ringtone is as simple as copy-pasting a wav....

Get informed or STFU, because your response is like a point-in-time case study of everything that's wrong with this board.