• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cracking the laundry machine

lok

TRIBE Member
so in my basement there is a dryer and washing machine that take $1.25 and $0.25x5 respectively. this sucks. does anyone have any vengeance tricks to unfoil the coining mechanism?

thnx

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
You should dump a bag of cement in.

It wont help you with free laundry but it'll show 'em who's boss.

deep

TRIBE Member
put boots in the dryer, record sound, encode to mp3 labelled as "paul oakenfold's best set" and place on file sharing networks

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
ooooooh.

you know, Oakenfold will always have a place on my shelf. In a long career he has done some wikkid stuff.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

deep

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
ooooooh.

you know, Oakenfold will always have a place on my shelf. In a long career he has done some wikkid stuff.

I know, I'm just kidding around. back in the day he was the man

lok

TRIBE Member
guys seriously I cannot take this injustice. Bag of cement might work, but I think Id have a hard time explaining that one.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
you're gonna have to face the fact that you need a little jar in which all of the quarters for your daily spending goes into, for laundry day.

It is the bane of our existance.

lok

TRIBE Member
no. i cant. it looks so easy to compromise. I've been looking around the internet but no luck.

Adam

TRIBE Member
If the coin slots are vertical, you can use a coffee stir stick in place of the loonie. It needs to be something flexible, but not something that will break off..the stir sticks are perfect.

The catch is to push the stir stick in at the same time as you slide the coin tray in. Basically it just requires something to push a level internally in the place where the loonie should be.

I've done it in my current building, and in another building I lived in. It's easy.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boss Hog
Adam did I pass you at Summerhill subway station yesterday afternoon?

Yes, you did.

I was going to say "HI I KNOW YOU FROM THE INTERNET" but decided against it.

Next time though.

lok

TRIBE Member
my roomies and I tried the stir stick method but it just doesnt want to work. if there are five quarter slots, dont we need five simultaneous stir sticks?

ps aww you two are soooooooooooooo cute :D

Adam

TRIBE Member
well, i know someone who managed to pull off a 4-stick steal, but its hard.

if the laundry is $1.50, you use the stir stick in place of the loonie, and get it for 50 cents...so, its alot cheaper. the laundry i used to practice on was only a loonie, so i never had to pull off more than one stick at a time.

its totally doable, but sometimes is tricky. just play with it a bit.

ps :)

sk8

TRIBE Member
at school we used to tape dental floss or fishing line or thread to the quarters and then line them up in the tray and put the threads over hanging the tray and hang onto them. that way your quarters don't fall down but the lever is still pushed.

don't know if it works for all machines though - just the old tray push in kind where you line up the money.

[SQUARE]

TRIBE Member
I used to do the stirstick thing when I had to pay for laundry. Its pretty difficult to pull off. I wasn't so great at it but others had more luck. The problem is that it is really easy for the stirstick to break in the machine and then you cant do any laundry at all. You can take your chances if you want!

Mz. SPy

TRIBE Member
i was the pro of the stick sticks back in rez. all three slots. i tried it again in an apartment building but it didn't work so good or i was out of practice.

everyone was doing it so then the fuckers cought on and now you have to swipe a card. good thing i graduated before that. :)

Casey

TRIBE Member
OR you could just pay for your laundry. I know, it sounds crazy, but it works a lot better than stir sticks.