1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Crack Squirrels?!?!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Cheer Bear, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Squirrels go nuts on crack

By VIRGINIA WHEELER

SQUIRRELS are getting hooked on crack cocaine — hidden by addicts in gardens.

They are digging up the stashes and eating the mega-addictive drug, which comes in small chunks.

Several have been spotted behaving bizarrely in Brixton, South London, since a police blitz against pushers and users.

One resident said: “My neighbour said dealers had used my garden to hide crack.

“Just an hour earlier I’d seen a squirrel digging in the flower-beds.

“It was ill-looking and its eyes looked bloodshot, but it kept on desperately digging. It seems a strange thing to say, but it seemed to know what it was looking for.”

Other residents have seen squirrels become unusually aggressive.

The RSPCA said: “These animals are big foragers. They are attracted by smell and will dig up what they fancy.

“If a squirrel did open a bag of crack and start consuming it there is no doubt it would die pretty quickly.”

Crack squirrels are a recognised problem in America. They are common in parks used by addicts in New York and Washington DC.

They have been known to attack park visitors in their search for a fix.

2. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

3. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

In a drug infused rage, they are also attacking dogs. They must be stopped.

4. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

I cant help but laugh at this, too funny! There was this silly story on CNN, wish I could find it, featured this squirrel at some US University campus who liked to eat bike seats. It would chew away at peoples bike seats as they were chained up.

5. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

linky

Postal workers haver had to face down Anthrax threats, biting dogs, long walks in the sleet, snow and rain, and now this - looney squirrels on the rampage. The residents of Oil City, Pennsylvania can blame a deranged squirrel if they didn't get their mail delivered on Monday.
    Local media reports that Postal Service employee Barb Dougherty says "she was attacked and bitten by the squirrel while delivering mail in the town about 75 miles north of Pittsburgh."
    The Derrick newspaper reports Dougherty was putting the mail in the box when a squirrel jumped on her, ran up her leg and onto her back.
    An ambulance took Dougherty to a hospital, where she was treated for cuts and scratches from the raging rodent. She was also given the first series of rabies shots.
    The squirrel was snuffed by local animal control, who will test it for rabies.

6. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

7. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Soon they'll start feasting on the soft flesh of our children.

8. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

i call bullshit, look at a squirrel and tell me if its eyes are bloodshot or not.

9. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Do you want to get close enough to a crack squirrel and look it in the eyes? I don't. ;)

10. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

11. technowelt

technowelt TRIBE Member

12. annec

annec TRIBE Member

Trinity Bellwoods Park has its albino squirrels, they always look bloodshot!

13. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

14. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known TRIBEr

[​IMG]

take THAT!

15. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

is that a crack baby squirrel? Poor thing. :(

16. Chris

Chris Well-Known TRIBEr

17. technowelt

technowelt TRIBE Member

They are more into crystal, though.

18. supakeli

supakeli TRIBE Member

This is my sisters worst nightmare.
    She's deathly afraid of squirrels as it is and now this...
    I'm sending her this story right now.