• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Countries that you do not need a passport to visit?

diablo

TRIBE Member
So I'm supposed to go to Panama with my GF in August. Due to a few mishaps, she may not be able to get her passport in time, so I'm searching out a few backup destinations.

Are there any countries besides Mexico, Cuba and Dominican that you don't need a passport to visit?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
if you have a firm travel date they will get it to you before you leave.

my girlfriend applied to get hers, and got it in two weeks this spring.

I'd advise taking the day and going up to one of the less traveled by offices in the burbs.

diablo

TRIBE Member
Express service won't help because she has misplaced her proof of citizenship.

If she needs to replace that, the process is quite lengthy.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
don't go to mexico without a passport.

i did it, armed to the tits with all my ID, and pages and PAGES of back up from the mexican consulate in ottawa, and printed webpages from the mexican government just to cover my ass (stating that you don't need a passport to get into the country) and STILL, almost didn't get let in at the gates straight off the plane.

that's not something i'm ever going to try again.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:

i did it, armed to the tits with all my ID, and pages and PAGES of back up from the mexican consulate in ottawa, and printed webpages from the mexican government just to cover my ass (stating that you don't need a passport to get into the country) and STILL, almost didn't get let in at the gates straight off the plane.

Yeah I was curious as to how true the Mexico without a passport thing was.

thanks

diablo

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:

I did it in university with no problems.

Where in Mexico did you land?

krzysztof

TRIBE Member
JESuX said:

$20 fixed that problem at the custom counter in Mexico for me...

JESuX

TRIBE Member
diablo said:
I did it in university with no problems.

Where in Mexico did you land?

apparently the rules have changed. they were even telling people on the news in canada during the march break/passport crisis that you could go to mexico without a passport, and the customs officer affirmed quite rigidly that that was no longer the case, and that we're misinformed.

i'm not sure which airport we were at... about a 45 minute drive north from playa del carmen/cancun.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Yeah I was curious as to how true the Mexico without a passport thing was.

thanks

oh, and i should add that EVERY airline employee and customs officer *scowled* at me and told me "GET A PASSPORT." every time i showed them my ID (birth cert. and photo health card, which is completely acceptable).

they bitched and said it was for my own protection.

hmoney

TRIBE Member
if you were a Canadian aboriginal you could travel between Canada, USA and Mexico without a passport.

suppose that doesn't help eh.