• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

..::countdown To Australia::..

satori

TRIBE Member
hi kelly;)

got any room in your suitcase:D?

i think i'm going to australia winter of 2005 to visit my family ... lemme know of any hot spots!

Last edited:

TuRtL[-

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by satori
hi kelly;)

got any room in your suitcase:D?

hehehe, sorry man, no room in the suitcase for ya ;) are you going to christines party on the 6th?? maybe Ill see ya before I go !!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
I have my own countdown going on to! 29 days till I'm in Golden, BC to snowboard at Kicking Horse for 4 days. Then down to Fernie for another 4 days!!!

Have fun in Aussieland. :)

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
I'm in Melborne right now... but i have to come back on friday. :(

Auzzie land is lots of fun. Everyone is friendly and out for a good time. The only thing I found here is that it's alittle more expensive then being in toronto. For me the problem is, when I'm not at work and on vacation, I SPEND TOO MUCH MONEY!

So if you're saving cash to come, think about how much money you would spend on a weekend. Then consider that how much you'll spend on average every day or two if you're not careful. Clubnites included I found I spent about $60+ a day here when I went out morning till next day. Otherwise I tried to keep it down to about $40 a day. (movies/galleries/food etc)

for food alone, I highly suggest shopping at a safeway and making your own meals. Even if its just sandwiches for lunch. Otherwise you'll spend all your cash in food.

its alot of fun down here, but make sure you have access to more money incase you run out.

oh another word of advice. GET AN INTERNATIONAL POWER ADAPTOR! the voltage here is 220. It'll fry the transformer in anything you plug in..... I had to spend $50 on a plug transformer that steps the power down from 220 to 110. I'm sure it would've been cheaper to buy it in toronto and bring it down. :(

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
oh for anyone who'd wanna move here.....

if you like it... you'll never come back. if not. Melborne is like being in toronto. BUT the whole city reminds me of toronto on Lithium. It's hard to explain, but this is the second time I've been here and I miss toronto still.

My #1 gripe about melborne. Very little western styled multiculturalism. It's almost non existant here. no mexican or west indian resturants that REALLY represent. Not a real latin or italian scene. Everything is like a lite version of what we have in toronto.

Otherwise its great here, if it wasn't so far, I'd consider moving here.

TuRtL[-

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vveerrgg

oh another word of advice. GET AN INTERNATIONAL POWER ADAPTOR! the voltage here is 220. It'll fry the transformer in anything you plug in..... I had to spend $50 on a plug transformer that steps the power down from 220 to 110. I'm sure it would've been cheaper to buy it in toronto and bring it down. :(
got one at radioshack for $44 so its not that far off.....

thanks though!

funkinbeats

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TuRtL[-
this could probably go under the "nobody cares" thread, buuut i decided to put it here.

In 32 days I will be downunder
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:D
My buddy is quitting work to move there for a year on practically the same day you're leaving.

Have fun.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
Melbourne was cool! I stayed there for a week. St. Kilda is a nice place to hang out.
If you are in Oz for a while I would definitely recommend going to Queensland. Its beautiful and very laidback. Not to mention the Goldcoast. Awesome beaches!
I will probably be moving to Brisbane the end of October. Australia is great and I highly recommend anyone to go.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
not sure how to spell it but they have "duf" or "doof" parties (do we have them here?? do we call them that??) where there are decks and instruments and stuff and it's kind of like a jam with a dj ... fun stuff.

wayne bradbury

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by TuRtL[-
where are the d n b / jungle clubs..... thats all i care to see

When I was in Melbourne I did see posters for Kenny Ken and Skibadee performing at a club together. The name of the club I don't remember, and the people I stayed with were broke so we didn't end up going to it. There was also a cafe type place in St. Kilda that had DnB playing when I walked past it.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
melbourne has one of the biggest breaks scenes in the world.

i'd love to check out some of those nights.

Imajica

TRIBE Member
One day I hope to be working in the austrialian outback as a wrden/ranger for a couple of years at least.

Anyone been adventuring/back-packing in the outback?

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
It'll come alot faster if you just try and forget about it, rather than counting down every painstaking day of dreary cold bitter toronto ;)

TuRtL[-

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Chubbs
It'll come alot faster if you just try and forget about it, rather than counting down every painstaking day of dreary cold bitter toronto ;)
no way, ive been counting down since 110 days...why stop now...and the countdown makes it that much sweeter knowing that I will be plowing though sand not snow in 26 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is now Monday 1/26/2004 at 6:46:42 PM
Event: Australia
Scheduled For 2/21/2004 10:45 PM
26 days 3 hours 58 minutes 18 seconds or
3 weekends or
26 days or
627 hours (418 waking hours) or
37,678 minutes or
2,260,697 seconds