1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

could it be true?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Progressive Room' started by mandapanda, Oct 12, 2005.

1. SKIB

SKIB TRIBE Member

system on new years suddenly looks very VERY appealing...

2. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Isn't it going to be the last System night?

3. Ilia

Ilia TRIBE Member

Yes it is.

4. SKIB

SKIB TRIBE Member

really? system is pullin' the chute? why? i thought they were making a come back... the past couple parties i've attended there have been awesome...

5. Chicago Kid

Chicago Kid TRIBE Member

I really hope this is pure sarcasm. :eek: :rolleyes:

6. SKIB

SKIB TRIBE Member

^^^ nope, no sarcasm... the last 2 parties i attended at system were sander on new years and diggers in june and both parties were rockin'... because i don't live in TO, i don't get a chance to party there every weekend, so i'm not really aware of the current status of most TO clubs... so i take it system has been going down hill for a while now? i wouldn't have thought so with the amount of quality DJ's i see playing there...

7. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Big thread from last week on the closing here:

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105018

8. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

FYI - tix $65

and yes, i already have mine :D

9. DINGER

DINGER TRIBE Member

Read yesterday on another site that Sharam is going to be playing System on New Years as well. Apparently Ali is playing somewhere in Europe.

So....Danny Howells and 1/2 of Deep Dish (IMO the better half as well) @ System to bid it farewell = pure gold!!!

10. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Hmmmm ... I doubt that Sharam would fit into System's NYE party, since Danny is playing for 7 hours, and Sharam needs to spin at Aria in Montreal from 4am - 8am.

11. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

I agree I don't think he will be there.

12. DINGER

DINGER TRIBE Member

13. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

This is from the interview:

"For New Years Eve you are off to Canada, to play Toronto with Sharam from Deep Dish and then Montreal for a late one?
    I'm really looking forward to both of these nights, I love Toronto but Montreal will be amazing, I start at about 10am, which is my favorite time of night, you can go really crazy. I particularly love it when the crowd starts thinning out around midday and you can go on till 2pm."

Maybe you're right... any promotors from that night that can help us out?

14. bringthebeats

bringthebeats TRIBE Promoter

no sharam at system.

and after this past weekend, i think he'll eat his words prefering montreal over toronto.

for me, montreal hasn't matched friday's vibe at system in a very, very long time.

15. SKIB

SKIB TRIBE Member

10 AM? holy shit how do ppl do it? might as well just sleep all night, get up early and start drinking with your breakfast :p

and I love how 10 AM is his "favorite time of NIGHT" haha

i think i might try to convince my buddies to hit this up... to me it looks better than anything in montreal that i've seen...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2005
  16. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

What we REALLY need to ensure is that his set at System is recorded. Hopefully it'll rival that infamous Arc closing set (and in this case it really is System's closing night whereas with Arc is was only Danny's last appearance there, not the actual closing night itself).

17. DINGER

DINGER TRIBE Member

The first 45 minutes of that Arc set are twisted - i still listen to part 1 regularly.

18. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

19. SKIB

SKIB TRIBE Member

hmmm... april 13th is a thursday and the friday is good friday i believe... i wonder what they've got planned... hopefully a solid line-up... danny's for sure a good start!

20. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

hmmmmmmm burridge is booked for that night too

that will be a sick ass fucking party for sure!

w00t

:D

21. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

I guess it depends on what other DJs are booked, since Danny and Lee are unlikely to be the "big draw" for the evening. Maybe Deep Dish will be back. LOL

22. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

yea they will prolly play in the guv ... and have some lameass trance dj play in the kool haus

:p

hmmmmmmm maybe they will bring in fanciulli to play since hes playing @ beb on that sunday ... danny + nic + lee in the same room on the same night would be sick as fuck! DISASTER!!!

:D

23. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

24. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

This thread should be renamed "The Perpetual Danny Thread" :)

It'll be interesting to see how he plays at This is London.

And hopefully he's up for another marathon set at Aria. I barely even remember what that club looks like any more! LOL

25. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

kool, this new booking sounds like a fun night for toronto! (finally)