• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Could I get in trouble....

Rocky

TRIBE Member
i graduated from college a few months ago. i got really good grades. in my final semester i wrote a really good engineering report and apparently this semester one of the profs has been showing it to his class a an example of "how to write an engineering report." a guy i know knows another guy who is in the 5th semester of the same program. he contacted me and offered to pay me $100 to write an engineering report for him. i did and i got paid.

can i get into any shite by doing this? :confused:
 

MoFo

TRIBE Member
^^
If you're caught, yeah. That's plagiarism. And you're the source. Who knows what they'd do if they found out? They'd probably kick you out of school. I mean, it gives the institution a bad name in my opinion, that the academic success is achieved with plagiarism. I don't think the faculty or the admin would want their name dragged in the mud.
 

Rocky

TRIBE Member
well...i can't really get kicked out of school. i already graduated. the way i see it is that someone is employing me to write a report. what they choose to do with it is up to them. if they choose to use it simply as a reference, then that is not plagiariam...but if they choose to hand it in with their name on it it is plagiarism. how can i get in trouble for that. i'm really not sure.
 
Last edited:

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I can't see the source getting in trouble. If that was the case universities would probably be getting together to sue those sites that provide papers. Instead, universities develope software to check for plagiarism.

Pete
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
1. your buddy is the one who cheated, not you. that being said, if he rats on you and you got your degree from the same school, they may choose to discipline you anyway.

2. 100? if your papers are that good, don't whore them out for peanuts.
 

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
1. your buddy is the one who cheated, not you. that being said, if he rats on you and you got your degree from the same school, they may choose to discipline you anyway.

2. 100? if your papers are that good, don't whore them out for peanuts.
How can they discipline him? He's already graduated and has his degree. They can't take away his degree from something he's done AFTER he graduated can they?
 

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1
How can they discipline him? He's already graduated and has his degree. They can't take away his degree from something he's done AFTER he graduated can they?
why not?

if they found out that a former student lied on his/her university application or cheated on a final exam, they certainly could.

law schools have revoked degrees for a variety of reasons, including things done AFTER graduation.

(they can't force you to give back your piece of paper, but they can certainly stop providing you with proof - i.e. transcripts, etc.)
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yes, but how is selling a paper to someone bad in any way? It's what the person does with the paper that is bad...

That is, if I sell you a knife and you kill someone with it, do I get charged with murder?
 

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will


why not?

if they found out that a former student lied on his/her university application or cheated on a final exam, they certainly could.

law schools have revoked degrees for a variety of reasons, including things done AFTER graduation.

(they can't force you to give back your piece of paper, but they can certainly stop providing you with proof - i.e. transcripts, etc.)
I agree that if they find out you did something against school regulation WHILE you were there then sure.

But if I sold a paper to someone who plagerized it, and they then revoked MY degree, I'd sue their ass. I've never heard of school policy governing those who no longer attend that school.

If a law school revoked someones degree for something they did AFTER graduation, then that's bullshit. That's something for the BAR to deal with now, not the former school.
 

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Yes, but how is selling a paper to someone bad in any way? It's what the person does with the paper that is bad...

That is, if I sell you a knife and you kill someone with it, do I get charged with murder?
no, but if you give a guy a knife after he says "hey, hand me that knife so i can stab this guy with it", then you'd be an accomplice.

that's a closer comparison because rocky knew the paper would be used to cheat. knowingly helping someone cheat is essentially defrauding the university and the other students in the program.
 

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by silver1
I agree that if they find out you did something against school regulation WHILE you were there then sure.

But if I sold a paper to someone who plagerized it, and they then revoked MY degree, I'd sue their ass. I've never heard of school policy governing those who no longer attend that school.

If a law school revoked someones degree for something they did AFTER graduation, then that's bullshit. That's something for the BAR to deal with now, not the former school.
that would depend on whether you consider a university degree to be PROPERTY (in which case you would argue that you own it so no one can take it away) or a DESIGNATION recognized by the school (in which case it is a privilege that can be revoked if you defraud the institution granting the privilege). i don't know the answer but the possibility exists that they could punish him for defrauding the institution.
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

vench

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Rocky
i he contacted me and offered to pay me $100 to write an engineering report for him. i did and i got paid.

can i get into any shite by doing this? :confused:
I would have asked for more money.

vench
 
G

Guest

Guest
The easiest way to do think about this is; if you have doubts about it don't do it.
 

416

TRIBE Member
I don't get it.

The dude sold a paper. Big deal. I wish people would buy some of my incoherent rambling.

Authors sell their novels every day. If someone decides to copy a Steven King book and give it to a teacher, trying to pass it off as their second rate hack attempt at writing, would Mr. King get all his honourary PhDs revoked?
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by Klubmasta Will
no, but if you give a guy a knife after he says "hey, hand me that knife so i can stab this guy with it", then you'd be an accomplice.

that's a closer comparison because rocky knew the paper would be used to cheat. knowingly helping someone cheat is essentially defrauding the university and the other students in the program.
I knew you'd say that... just making sure you're really a lawyer... because someone told me you just play one on TV.
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by 416
If someone decides to copy a Steven King book and give it to a teacher, trying to pass it off as their second rate hack attempt at writing...
Wonder what sort of mark they'd get if the teacher didn't know it was Stephen King...
 
Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

kuba

TRIBE Member
I wrote 2 wicked papers in University on Criminology.

Then I gave them to a friend at York Law School.

He repackaged them and resold them for $2000!

and he never got caught.

But in your case, you could get in shit but youre done so sayonara.
 

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Yes, but how is selling a paper to someone bad in any way? It's what the person does with the paper that is bad...

That is, if I sell you a knife and you kill someone with it, do I get charged with murder?
Good analogy, but to use what you said, he sold the knife KNOWING that he was gonna kill someone with it, so in part, he's responsible.
 

nusty

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Could I get in trouble....

Originally posted by vench


I would have asked for more money.

vench
true. a buddy of mine used to get more than that for his high school papers.
But $ is $ and its another 100$ that I don't have, so power to you.
 
Top