• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cougars at the Rivoli - advice needed for next time

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
So here's the story and I'm sticking to it.

I bike into Queen Street West to go to the Riv patio for a nice slab of Chocolate Cake (see best foods for a cold thread. It is really nice and there are only a few tables set up because it is chilly enough to scare off the tourists.

So I get a table by the railing and order a hot phad thai and slab f Chocolate truffle cake for dessert and look up and see these three cougars sharing beers and appetizers. Two had their backs to me but one, a blonde with amazing blue eyes, huge smile and cute dimples, was facing in my direction. She looked vaguely familiar. I have seen her before or met her before but cannot remember when. She doesn't recognize me either although we made a lot of eye contact the whole time I was there.

The three of them are obviously old friends and comparing horrible men stories - a girls afternoon out. I so want to go up to the table and speak directly to the blonde (I have no interest whatsoever in the other 2) but I have never done this when cougars are in pack formation.

I am the least shy person there is but I can't get my head around what would I say once I got to the table. So I didn't do anything but made huge eye contact with the blonde... Maybe I'll see her again, maybe not, whatever.

The question is (if you have read this far).. for next time... How do you hit on a specific cougar when they are in pack formation like that. Is it possible at all?

If you're under 30 you just walk over.
If you're over 30, you drop your heavy wallet on the floor (by accident). Or cruise over to them in your yacht with heli-pad.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think if they were tourists I would have just sat down with them, however it seemed to be a man-bashing afternoon girls session so it looked risky.

randyval

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd

The three of them are obviously old friends and comparing horrible men stories

The question is (if you have read this far).. for next time... How do you hit on a specific cougar when they are in pack formation like that. Is it possible at all?
givin what they were talking about i would say it would be next to impossible.
but i have been wrong about woman before:p

Originally posted by alexd
I think if they were tourists I would have just sat down with them, however it seemed to be a man-bashing afternoon girls session so it looked risky.
Risky? More like insanely dangerous.

Pack mentality. They're called cougars for a reason.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I would have sent over the best desert in the house with 4 forks, howver they were drinking Corona's and chocolate traffle cake as a chaser for Corona is pretty gross really.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
It is like a rubiks cube, a veritable gordian knot, a mental maze of strategy.... I think the only way it could have been done is with wingmen or wingwomen to take out the other 2. It would have taken planning, personnel, and a large butterfly net.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
And those eyes were so blue OMG! The way she moved when she talked, the way she casually touched the tubular railing with her long fingers...

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Please consult: Dave Chapelle's Great Moments in Pick-Up History of how to deal with potential entourage cock blocks. The trick is to appeal to their (the blocker's) weaknesses, and disarm their insecurities to the point where hilarity ensues.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
If you're under 30 you just walk over.
If you're over 30, you drop your heavy wallet on the floor (by accident). Or cruise over to them in your yacht with heli-pad.
I just choked on my lemonade. LMAO.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by T
are they still considered cougars if youre the same age as them?
That's a trick question isn't it? Like if Sally takes the train to Toledo at 4:15 going 40 kph and Lindsay leaves 10 minutes earlier by bicyle with a 40 kph tailwind, who would get to Toledo first....

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I have decided that if I see this cougar anywhere at all again I am going to find out who she is.