• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cottonelle is now cashmere

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member
My recent purchase of toilet paper is announcing it's name change on the packaging to me.

Go toilet paper marketing!
-J
*perfers cotton as most cashmere is apparently not even real cashmere.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Scott Paper licensed the rights to the Cottonelle brand in Canada from 1997 for 10 years.. To be proactive, they started the process of phasing out Cottonelle in 2004.

Cashmere is the same paper product with a different name. No word on who will produce Cottonelle in Canada now - or if there is a moratorium on the name for a period of time. Either way, when Cottonelle comes back, it will be different from the way Scott Paper produced it.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Edit: Kimberley-Clark owns Scott Paper in the United States - the two companies merged in 1955. However, Scott Paper Canada is owned by the Kruger corporation and therefore had to license the Cottonelle brand rights from K-C (a competitor).

Stilez

TRIBE Member
just a note. This is actually my 1st post on Tribe....despite my lurking for over 5yrs..,. I always thought that someone hijacked my original account name...Cosmic Cat. but u Cosmik-Cat actually have me beat by over 1yr..:p

that is all!

dg0425

TRIBE Member
This is actually my 1st post on Tribe....
What does your post have to do with Cottonelle?

Didn't another toilet paper become charmin not to long ago? This topic has actually been on my mind for a long time. I've had many stoned conversations with my gf on toilet paper marketing and I"m glad to finally know there's a real reason behind this name change. Can't wait to tell my gf. Thanks acheron you've made my day!

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by dg0425

Didn't another toilet paper become charmin not to long ago? This topic has actually been on my mind for a long time. I've had many stoned conversations with my gf on toilet paper marketing and I"m glad to finally know there's a real reason behind this name change. Can't wait to tell my gf. Thanks acheron you've made my day!

better than starting a gay my first post on tirbe thread but yeah what the hell does your first post have to do with tp?

Stilez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by StarvinMarvin
better than starting a gay my first post on tirbe thread but yeah what the hell does your first post have to do with tp?
u're right... i use Bounty!

quantumize

TRIBE Member

as an outsider loking in what tribers do u think are nuts?

cosmiK-Cat

TRIBE Member

Didn't another toilet paper become charmin not to long ago?
LOL- I was trying to remember that too.

Acheron- how the hell do you know this, ot are you Wikkpedia-ing?

Stilez- oh yeah, I'm the first- even on the old board-! Welcome!

LOL @ stoner talk!!
-J
*pants? No pants!

Welcome to the wonderful world of posting, stilez.

Ignore Marvin, he's just bitter I wouldn't watch spaceballs for him!

I think Cashmere is a stupid name.

Why not "silkenbum" or "softanoos"?

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
Welcome to the wonderful world of posting, stilez.

Ignore Marvin, he's just bitter I wouldn't watch spaceballs for him!

I think Cashmere is a stupid name.

Why not "silkenbum" or "softanoos"?
and just when I was over it you bring up this horrible thing again!

lol@ softanoos

acheron

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by cosmiK-Cat
Acheron- how the hell do you know this, ot are you Wikkpedia-ing?
I work in the photo studio of a major grocery chain and I deal with these kind of products all the time.

By the way Charmin is owned by Procter & Gamble, Irving Tissue owns Royale... but P&G had an agreement with Irving and replaced Royale with Charmin for a while, calling it "Charmin by Royale" before reverting to just Charmin again. I believe Irving Tissue still makes Royale now.