• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Coronavirus Pandemic

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I think if we can get enough people double vaccinated by the fall, we might be better prepared for the winter. On the other hand, if they open US border and hundreds of thousands of un-vaxinated stream into Canada, the hospitals will all fill up. They are going to have to develop some kind of internationally recognized proof of vaccination or this will bring us all back to overflowing hospitals.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I think if we can get enough people double vaccinated by the fall, we might be better prepared for the winter. On the other hand, if they open US border and hundreds of thousands of un-vaxinated stream into Canada, the hospitals will all fill up. They are going to have to develop some kind of internationally recognized proof of vaccination or this will bring us all back to overflowing hospitals.

The issue is we have ~300 ICU beds for all of us right. Manitoba has around 50.

It doesn't take all that many unvaccinated to create a stress on our hospital system that means measures are needed. I believe MB still has a few patients out of province being taken care of because they ran out of beds there.

Here we were up to 90% ICU capacity overall and only heroic efforts and using all sorts of mitigations were we able to deal with the negative vented ICU bed capacity reported by many hospitals across the GTA.

We are doing well on vaccination but I worry the antis combined with the fact young people can't get the vaccine yet means we are not out of the woods yet by any measure. It just takes a few million of us to be vulnerable for there to be 300+ people needing beds if a new variant sweeps through the unvaccinated with school starting again...

praktik

TRIBE Member
Current stats in the GTA:

225848353_10165465869225254_6833329708003873630_n.jpg

praktik

TRIBE Member
If you're near St Clair west you can help support a restaurant we order from frequently because A) it's great food and B) it's literally less than one minute from my doorstep

Hordes of plague rats have been descending upon their facebook page, putting in fake shitty reviews and commenting on every post after the restaurant announced a policy, via the honour system, whereby they would prefer to seat unvaxxed clientele on the patio, not inside.

This got them notice in the Plague Rat Social Media and they all organized to fuck this restaurant over. They are talking about a protest with "hundreds" in the planning.

20232319_1913645698850480_8440708845876219078_o.jpg

RESTO FB LINK: Log into Facebook

Please consider supporting this local restaurant - either by tangling with these fools in the comments, leaving a good review if you've ate there before - or by ordering more yummy food!

I'll probably increase the order frequency next weeks and months. Now i'm waiting for the "protest" and will go over to support the restaurant once i know it's on

ScottBentley

TRIBE Member
If you're near St Clair west you can help support a restaurant we order from frequently because A) it's great food and B) it's literally less than one minute from my doorstep

Hordes of plague rats have been descending upon their facebook page, putting in fake shitty reviews and commenting on every post after the restaurant announced a policy, via the honour system, whereby they would prefer to seat unvaxxed clientele on the patio, not inside.

This got them notice in the Plague Rat Social Media and they all organized to fuck this restaurant over. They are talking about a protest with "hundreds" in the planning.

Please consider supporting this local restaurant - either by tangling with these fools in the comments, leaving a good review if you've ate there before - or by ordering more yummy food!

I'll probably increase the order frequency next weeks and months. Now i'm waiting for the "protest" and will go over to support the restaurant once i know it's on
I hope twice as many people show up for a counter protest.

praktik

TRIBE Member

UPDATE: korean fried chicken was DELICIOUS last night!

Anti-troll activities continue with me taking a few hours over lunch to go back over the reviews+threads and dedicately counter-program the social media attack.

This charming person started showing up more today, Vote Canada: Log In or Sign Up to View

Warned they would add my wife and I to their "cowards" page as they have already emblazoned it with a picture of the restaurant owner (Anne Sorrenti - Cowards of Canada).

They screen capped a domain registering: my full name.ca

Followed up with Bare Metal - as the seller of domains nothing they can do. Told me to check with CIRA if a harassing page is put up/contact the police. Social media channels are in lockdown mode - trying to hibernate LinkedIn (support ticket open).

Happy everything is locked down this past year with two factor on ALL key apps/sites and a complex, unique, unguessable password @ max password length everywhere I could.

Wish me luck gents.