• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Corn on the cob

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
I really miss corn on the cob. People here seem to think that corn is for the cows, so you don't really see it in stores, at least not being sold by the dozen.

I saw some in the store today - two cobs in shrinkwrap for €2,49. No thanks :(

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Good corn on the cob (local) won't be ready for quite awhile...

I would not buy corn on the cob from a supermarket, only a farmer on the side of the road ;)

Fairie

TRIBE Member
I bought some from the local fruit & veggie stand for last night's bbq. It was great. Didn't even need the salt and butter. Of course I put it on anyway.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

labRat

TRIBE Member
The stuff you see today is from the u.s. and picked too early, so it's small and tasteless. Ontario corn usually comes out in the middle of summer and is best bought on the side of the road, or from a farmers-type market.

SpaceBabe

TRIBE Member
the best is soaking the WHOLE corn with husk... for 15 mins.. and then putting on the BBQ and cooking.. then when done pull back the husk and roll in butter and salt and it is fucking tasty!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I made some today for lunch it was sooooooo good!!! Love the buttery salt treat, and awesome with anything.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
the really really good corn wont hit us here until a month or so.
mmmm peaches and cream.

my friend has a farm near Port Rowan, and the vegetables from that area are so so tastey.
so is the weed.

Yourmamas

TRIBE Member
Most REAL peaches and cream corn isn't real. The growing season is too long, so you just buy white, and yellow corn.

I think it is something like 82 days

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Hi i'm God

TRIBE Member
lol at all the alarmists... It's too early for corn don't do it!!!

Bins of corn up here in the supermarket, bbq'd some for lunch just yesterday very tasty.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Hi i'm God said:
lol at all the alarmists... It's too early for corn don't do it!!!

Bins of corn up here in the supermarket, bbq'd some for lunch just yesterday very tasty.

I don't think anyone is being an alarmist, but maybe making their preference known ;)

I just like corn that I know was grown in Ontario :)

catilyst

TRIBE Member
labRat said:
The stuff you see today is from the u.s. and picked too early, so it's small and tasteless. Ontario corn usually comes out in the middle of summer and is best bought on the side of the road, or from a farmers-type market.
Lots of it is from Mexico too. You can't beat Ontrio corn.

futronic

TRIBE Member
I like to squeeze lime on my corn, then sprinkle chile pasilla or chipotle powder on it. Grill on the BBQ, then squeeze more lime on the corn immediately after it comes off the heat.

Mmmmmm.

-- Jay aka Fut