1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Corey Haim?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Mar 10, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Corey Haim RIP OD

LOS ANGELES -- Actor Corey Haim has died at the age of 38, the Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed to KTLA.

It's believed Haim died at 3:30 a.m. Wednesday of an accidental overdose, police said. He was found unresponsive at an Oakwood apartment, near Burbank, police said. His mother was at the home at the time.

The actor, who has struggled with drug addiction, was pronounced dead Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in Burbank.

Haim was a teen heartthrob in the 80s and appeared in several movies, including "The Lost Boys" along with fellow teen idol Corey Feldman.
  2. lobo

lobo TRIBE Member

(CBS) Canadian actor Corey Haim, known best for his role in the 1987 hit "The Lost Boys" has died, Los Angeles police confirmed Wednesday.

Officials said his death appears to have been accidental. Celebrity news Web site TMZ reports that, according to police sources, he died of an apparent overdose.

The 38-year-old actor had reportedly been struggling with drug addiction.

Actor Corey Haim Dies at 38 - CBS News

3. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

tell me this a lie :( tell me youre lying.

*uncontrollable sobbing*
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo omg noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*heart broken*
    Ive never loved another more than corey haim. oh dear god, I cant work today. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    say its a lie.:(
  4. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Rip. To bad he was a cool Corey And quite a party animal
  5. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Very Sad, he looked like he might push past the addictionsa a few years ago. Guess he never made it. RIP.
  6. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

thanks for 'stand by me'.

edit: whoops, that was corey feldman. i meant thanks for 'the lost boys'.
  7. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

im so depressed now.
    I thought he was on the verge of making some big career comeback. I cant go on.*weeps*

oh the many pics I had of him plastered all over my walls from tiger beat and big bop. oh lord why him WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why couldnt you take Zack Morris instead!

ps- youre not funny willie!!!!!!
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  8. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

^ that wasn't a joke! it was an honest mistake. i just didn't delete the wrong part in case someone decided to quote and correct my mistake.

please don't accuse me of joking at this very difficult time.
  9. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

im sorry willie.
    please.... just hold me ....
  10. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

I will be writing a poem in his honour, I will read it aloud later.
  11. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

* queue highlander music *

12. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

Hi, you've reached the Corey hot-line. $4.95 a minute. Here are some words that rhyme with Corey: Gory. Story. Allegory. Montessori.
  13. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

what was his mother doing there...? was he living with in his mother's basement or something?
  14. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

have to credit one of the people I follow on Twitter for unearthing this, but wow, just wow... i'd be shocked if PT Anderson had no knowledge of this thing prior to doing the Dirk Diggler 'documentary' contained in Boogie Nights

seems like Haim was delusional and without fully formed, uncontrived personality even before the drugs kicked in

(also, he was living with his mom in this one too)

15. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

I think he has been for many years, if I remember correctly.
  16. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

This is going to cast a cloud over Mayor Miller's "important" announcement this morning.

How can Miller announce his bid for re-election when a National Hero has fallen?
  17. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

Awwwwwww. He was a teen crush of mine. I wrote him a fan letter once. I got a postcard in reply.

"Thanks for your support. Corey"

I wonder if I still have it somewhere.

18. Big Harv

Big Harv TRIBE Member

RIP to the best Jewish actor from Toronto born between 1970-1975.
  19. deevah

deevah TRIBE Member

i'm not surprised, it was only a matter of time
  20. cosmosuave

cosmosuave TRIBE Member

Wonder if they will have a Corey Haim montage at next years Academy Awards...
  21. dig this

dig this TRIBE Member

Saw him in a Yummies at Yonge & Eg about 4 years ago... he was asking the server to spot him a a few bucks since he didn't have enough to cover a shawarma. Poor guy... he's probably been fighting his demons for quite some time.
  22. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Funny how you mention this. About 10 years ago, I was working in retail at Yonge and Eglinton. A guy came into the store asking for a job. I asked him for a resume. He came back about 2 hours later with a headshot. It was Corey Haim.....
  23. The Peej

The Peej TRIBE Member

That video gave me stink face... I could only get half way through it... the amount of vultures he had sitting around him, stroking his ego, making him think his "music" was important and trying to make a buck off him is pretty infuriating to me.
  24. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

i'm all out of "it's so sad when they go so young"s.

25. artemis

artemis TRIBE Member

Too sad...