• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cops are getting just plain MEAN!

KiFe

TRIBE Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33057-2004Mar5.html

*Man in Holding Cell Succumbs to Cookies *

The Associated Press
Friday, March 5, 2004; 10:26 AM

CHESTER, Vt. - A New Hampshire man paid a little more than he bargained for when he began snacking on a handful of Girl Scout cookies.

Dawson Frock, 36, of Boston was driving home with his brother after skiiing at Okemo Mountain Wednesday when he was stopped by police, according to court documents.

Police discovered that Frock had been drinking and was driving with a suspended license. When he refused an alcohol test, police took Frock into custody.

While investigating the car police found that Frock's brother, 30-year-old Ethan of Keene, N.H., was in possession of a small amount of marijuana.

Ethan Frock was taken to a storage area at the Vermont State Police barracks in Rockingham, where he was held while being processed.

Because the barracks lack a holding cell, prisoners are frequently kept in the storage room until they can be taken to another facility.

Unluckily for Frock, the storage room also contained several boxes of Girl Scout cookies.

Court documents state that police specifically told Frock to leave the cookies alone.

But when his stomach started rumbling, Frock couldn't help himself and started snacking on the cookies. When police caught Frock munching on the treats they charged him with petit larceny.

At Vermont District Court in Brattleboro Dawson Frock pleaded guilty to driving with a suspended license and driving under the influence.

A judge sentenced him to 18 to 24 months of probation, 40 hours of community service and a $750 fine.

Ethan Frock, too, paid a price - for succumbing to hunger.

He pleaded guilty to marijuana possession and petit larceny, receiving a combined fine of $500.

After his release Frock said he looked forward to heading home and eating his own box of Girl Scout cookies.

Looks like the link only works for registered users.. but sneh....

seriously... almost seems like entrapment.. to put a pothead in a storage room full of cookies... and then fine him for eating said cookies...

and you know that fine money is going right back into the cops' cookie fund. :)

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Cops are getting just plain MEAN!

Originally posted by mingster
wow

agreed.

that's just OUTRAGEOUS!

and if it's in U.S bucks.. it's even worse... shit.. just cuz the guy was hungry.

entrapment.. im telling you. hehe.. that's worse than speedtraps.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I would love to do that to a pothead, put a camera in there and record it

it would make my day !

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
i like the girl guide cookies that are minty, and coated in a chocolate shell..and i think there's caramel inside too.

the other kind can go to hell.

bitchass

TRIBE Member
the old white and black ones used to be good until a couple years ago when they changed the design and recipe. now the vanilla ones taste like chemical.

kat

TRIBE Member
the canadian girl guide cookie recipe was sold.
i think nabisco used to do them, but they are assfaced bastards and wouldnt let the ggoc continue to use the recipe without paying. so they changed compaanies
(or something, i really am not an expert on the subject)

also..what the fuck kind of interrogation room has cookies in it? why? whyy? why?

here you are.
wait right here in this room.

..ah those cookies there are not for you. they are very deicious, but they are my cookies.
thats right i store them in this tiny, windowless police interrogation room for safekeeping.

alright then! now you be on your best behaviour man-i-just-arrested for smoking pot..

i'll just close this door here so nobody can see you and i will be back in a couple of hours.

punches for everybody!

Last edited:

Access

TRIBE Member
I bet he wishes he didn't blow off that girl guide who was selling cookies for $2 a box infront of the supermarket

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kat
the canadian girl guide cookie recipe was sold.
i think nabisco used to do them, but they are assfaced bastards and wouldnt let the ggoc continue to use the recipe without paying. so they changed compaanies
(or something, i really am not an expert on the subject)

also..what the fuck kind of interrogation room has cookies in it? why? whyy? why?

here you are.
wait right here in this room.

..ah those cookies there are not for you. they are very deicious, but they are my cookies.
thats right i store them in this tiny, windowless police interrogation room for safekeeping.

alright then! now you be on your best behaviour man-i-just-arrested for smoking pot..

i'll just close this door here so nobody can see you and i will be back in a couple of hours.

punches for everybody!

as described in that article you read from start to finish.. it was more of a holding cell... or since that particular dept. didnt have any actual CELLS... they closet the criminals they have to detain.

all i can picture is the cop going:

"NOW HOMER.... Don't you eat this pie!!!"

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe

all i can picture is the cop going:

"NOW HOMER.... Don't you eat this pie!!!"
or the perp going:

'alright cookies, i'm just going to do this *chomps air* and if you get eaten, it's your own fault!'

kat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KiFe
as described in that article you read from start to finish.. it was more of a holding cell... or since that particular dept. didnt have any actual CELLS... they closet the criminals they have to detain.
BUT STILL!!

if i had to use my closet to hold a "criminal" i would be sure to move any valubles, such as delicious cookies, out of there.

I HIGHLY QUESTION THE ORGANIZATIONABILITIES OF THE VERMONT STATE POLICE.

*shakes fist*

sk8

TRIBE Member
product of boredom:

according to the girl guide website

The traditional chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies are sold in the spring and the chocolately mint cookies are sold in the fall.

sk8

TRIBE Member
Q. Who bakes Girl Guide cookies?
A. Dare Foods Lt, a Canadian-owned company based in Kitchener, ON bakes our cookies. Dare offers quality products, large production capacity, a nut-free manufacturing facility and nationwide distribution.

sk8

TRIBE Member
in the U.S. the Girl Scout cookies come in the following flavours

Best Sellers:
Thin Mints
Samoas®/Caramel deLites™
Peanut Butter Patties®/Tagalongs®
Peanut Butter Sandwich/Do-si-dos™
Shortbread/Trefoils

there are up to 8 varieties!

poor guy. i couldn't have resisted either!

kat

TRIBE Member
what i "heard" was

mr christie or nabisco or one of those guys used to make the cookies. but started charging ggoc waay too much for their kind of organization. (the girl guides never actually made their cookies)

ggoc wanted to start looking for another company...dare was interested. however, the original company refused to give up their "secret recipe" and there were talks of a lawsuit.

i dont know what actually happened..but boourns. the recipe is not the same.

sk8

TRIBE Member
they've definitely changed because these:

are totally not the ones i remember eating as a kid