1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

COP question, is this harassment?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kyfe, Oct 25, 2007.

1. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

so this morning on my way to work a cop pulled out of the peel police station by my house and severely cut me off, he didn't even look before he pulled out he just went. Further up the road, I was behind him at the stop light I decided to take a picture of the cruiser in case I decided to file a complaint against his ass.

The cop saw me take the picture and started to follow me, I knew he was following me so after about 5 mintues of driving 40 and him annoying me, I pulled into a private drive. He puts on his flashers I reverse out of the driveway and pull over. I comes up to my car and says "I saw you take a picture of me why did you do that?" I ask him why he is pulling me over and explain why i took the picture then suggest he call his staff sargent to come on over so I can tell him in person about his poor driving and that he is now harrassing me.

He apoligzes and says if thats why i took the picture he is ok with that and says there is no need for the sergent to come by. he takes my doc's runs then and sees I am clear and lets me go.

seriously this is why people HATE cops, especially Peel cops, they are by far the worst they are cowboys and have no accountability for their driving/actions aside from internal investigations which are conducted by their peers.

BULLSHIT, that rookie made me late for work!

2. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

Rude_1 will know

3. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

yes, you are harassing that poor cop, you big meany.

obviously you should post pics of your wife as a hot cop so we can judge for ourselves the level of harassment she requires.

engage!

4. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

dude, it's like you are trying to stir shit. People get cut off all the time

lame

5. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

ya, you should call the station and apologise to the cop for wasting his time.

6. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

Shawn. Let go of your anger. You have a gorgeous wife. Everytime some wanker pisses you off for something "STUPID", let it go.

You wouldn't have been late for work if you had've accepted the fact that COPS are shitty drivers and rarely follow the most basic of road rules. There are bigger, more important things in the world that need changing. Forget about the big bad PoPo.

You're wife is smokin'

7. AshG

AshG Member

that is harassment in my books for sure - abuse of power and position(and argubaly intimidation).

the thing of it is... if cops were reasonable about not charging people for doing precisely what they themselves do wrong on the highways(and in whatever situation for that matter), then i wouldn't care.

but if they expect ordinary citizens to be sticklers about minor shit, then lead by example, at the least.

8. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

see! cori gets it!

<high five c-bomb>

9. gasper

gasper TRIBE Member

Harrassment? Come on! Photographing a police officer is a recipe for being pulled over. What did you expect?

10. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

You are lucky the cop didn't "find" something to ticket you with.

Cops are dicks, I don't trust them at all, no matter where in the province I am. I know its nice to do what you did out of principal, but in my experiences with them just leave them alone and hope that they do the same to you. You just can't win.

11. judge wopner

judge wopner TRIBE Member

instead of calling his staff seargent you should have called
    the WAHambulance!!!

12. Kinger

Kinger TRIBE Member

I would give you a ticket for driving while distracted. Couldn't you just remember the licence plate or car number?

13. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I took a picture with my cell phone, I didn't get out of my car and bang on his window saying, I'm a gonna keel you!

14. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Not too long ago, a bunch of us were in Cri's car on the way to the Opera House, got off at gerrard going north, as I was coming INTO the intersection at king, a cop was in the opposite direction at the lights trying to turn left... just as I'm about to enter the intersection the light turns yellow and the cop cuts me off... I had to break hard to avoid him, then race through the intersection as I was right in the middle of it.

My heart was racing as we almost collided, so I drove slowly past the intersection and of course I see cherries light behind me so I pull over.

The cop came up to the car almost freaking out at me,... I'm like I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED... but I did nothing wrong. I had the right of way still and he cut me off.

He was acting as if I had done an illegal move, meanwhile he's the one that did and put our lives at risk and now is trying to scare us to admit wrongdoing..

After he checked my ID and insurance and registration on Cri's car he came back and let us go... I have a clean driving record so I imagine that proved that I wasn't worthy of a ticket or something. If I had not of been sure that I didn't cause any wrongdoing he would of likely ticketted me.

15. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

Couldn't you just get over yourself and mind your own business?

edit: cyfe

16. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

Exactly; like watching them put the cherries on to get through a red light, than proceed directly to Tim Hortons for a coffee (witnessed this in Orillia once)

For the time being the cops in this province have a license to do whatever they want. Maybe it will change, maybe it won't.

17. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

you never picked up

18. gasper

gasper TRIBE Member

As if you've never cut someone off before. It's not like this was the umpteenth time this particular officer cut you off. Let it go!

19. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

You should've shot him with a gun, not a camera.

20. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

it's people like you.....

21. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

that cop should have given you a ticket for driving while photographing.

22. gasper

gasper TRIBE Member

kyfe, call police HQ to report this incidence of "harrassment" and be laughed at. I dare you.

23. AshG

AshG Member

i wonder how many times he's tailed the person he cut off, stopped him on somebody else's property, demanded to see his license and reg. and to know just what the guy was doing taking his picture.

sure its not the biggest deal in the world, but it isn't right.

24. Krzysiu

Krzysiu TRIBE Member

masd: mothers against shutterbug driving.

25. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I was stopped at a light, I thought you guys could use some entertainment today so here you go