• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

COON POOP!! Arrrghhh!

Gravid

TRIBE Member
Does anyone have a good ways to keep Racoons from shitting on my deck?

I have a huge oak tree growing up through my deck and every morning there is a fresh pile at the base of the tree. They even will come during the day, like today, I already cleaned up last nights and I just noticed another steaming pile right now!
:mad:

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
they had some shit about this on City TV before, but I can't remember what they said, so I'm really no help aside from suggesting maybe there's something on the City News site

acheron

TRIBE Member
just be glad they didn't rob you blind while you were cleaning up the last pile... I think they're testing you.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
try sprinkling COMET at the base of the tree. Once they get a whiff of that shit their asses will retract. Just make sure the tree is fully grown or it might die.

Not sure if it will work but usually harsh chemicals repel animals.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
here's a tip I found.

Toss ammonia-soaked rags into the space: the pungent odor annoys the animals with their keen sense of smell. Check daily to ensure that the odor is present; replenish as needed. Place small bowls of ammonia on either side of the entryway; refill daily for at least two weeks. Use ammonia carefully, however, because it can be toxic to children and to domestic and wild animals. The aim is strictly to drive away the raccoon with the odor.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
CDC Facts [4, 5]:

Baylisascaris procyonis is the scientific name of the intestinal roundworm commonly found in raccoons. When humans ingest roundworm eggs, the larvae hatch in the intestine and travel through organs and tissues to the rest of the body, causing severe neurological and physiological damage. Human infection by Baylisascaris procyonis is rarely diagnosed, but it is believed that many cases are incorrectly diagnosed as other diseases. The roundworm eggs are resistant to most environmental conditions and with adequate moisture can survive for many years. Young children generally become infected through accidentally ingesting eggs from soil, water, hands, or other objects that have been contaminated with raccoon feces. Serious symptoms of infection by Baylisascaris procyonis include nausea, tiredness, liver enlargement, lack of coordination and attention to surroundings, loss of muscle control, coma, and blindness. If you suspect that you or your child has ingested Baylisascaris procyonis eggs, contact your health care provider immediately. No effective, curative treatment is available.

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
Wondering how to get rid of raccoons? There is no magic spray or device that you can use to make them go away. Some people try to sell predator urine, such as coyote or fox urine to get rid of raccoons, but that doesn't work. They also try to sell ultrasonic sound emitters. These devices are worthless at eliminating raccoons. Some old wive's tales recommend the use of mothballs or ammonia-soaked rags to make them leave, but I've been to countless homes where these techniques failed - biologists know that these attempts won't work. The ONE AND ONLY WAY to take care of your problem is with trapping and removal of the animals.

or check

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Raccoons

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Frank the gay guy from BT recommended sprinkling cayenne in areas that they hang out (like a garden patch).. it'll deter them.

JLV

TRIBE Member
Grate lemon zest around your deck... they hate the smell.

Fake (rubber) snakes scare them away also

Racoons HATE cucumbers... I don't know why, they just do. So plant cucumber plant or even leave cucumbers in the area.

Raccoons (and skunks) don't like to walk over-crumpled up black plastic, newspaper, or aluminum foil. Surround the area any of these things and hold them in place with some rocks, landscape pins, or soil (try not to have too much bare soil because they're more attracted to it)

Bone Meal and Blood Meal also works wonders!

Hope that helps!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
It's like a .22 that doesn't attract cops or neighbours! (unless you're a shitty shot)

The best thing is, once you get one... the others stay away for a while.

I’m not sure if you can put the raccoon in your green box though

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I_bRAD said:
It's like a .22 that doesn't attract cops or neighbours! (unless you're a shitty shot)

The best thing is, once you get one... the others stay away for a while.

I’m not sure if you can put the raccoon in your green box though
I'm giving you the evil eye ball Brad.:mad:

ps. Stir fry said it right in both his posts. That is your best bet. But just be careful if you have cats or dogs yourself. You don't want them getting sick or die from the ammonia.

http://www.toronto.ca/animal_services/raccoon.htm#Problems

I_bRAD

TRIBE Member
So it's OK to poison them but not shoot them?

Face it folks. 'coons are just big vermin. You don't think twice about killing a mosquito, mouse or rat but add a couple of pounds and all of the sudden they're cute and cuddly.