1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

cool office ideas?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by bombthreat23, May 27, 2010.

1. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

anyone know of any cool office suggestions? I am looking for interesting ways to introduce new employees to the company, games nights, games rooms, creative decorating..stuff like that. Anything you can think of that made a company you worked for stand out from all the other boring ass offices....

2. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

paging Michael Scott

3. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Key party.

Fondue night.

KY Wrestling tournament.

Nap room.

Gangbang Tuesdays.

4. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Flex hours and a home office.

5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

if I had to eat lunch at work I would like a tv and pool table.
    also to be told I can fuck around on the internet all I want, as long as i get my work done.
    also beer on fridays.
    also half days on fridays in the summer.

but yeh, mostly what God said.

6. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

There's cake in the kitchen

7. Thunder

Thunder TRIBE Member

it's all about trips out for gelatos.

8. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

we have "cocktail hour" every month where everyone throws in $5-$10 and we go buy a bunch of liquor, wine and beer, and a bunch of appetizers. all the different departments come together and mingle and socially drink together.

also, we have a foosball table which we've organized interdepartment tournaments on.

9. <FresHFunK>

<FresHFunK> TRIBE Member

^^ I want a foosball table at work! Great for down time.
    Are you guys hiring?

10. SolChild

SolChild TRIBE Promoter

We used to have a beer fridge and a basketball net and my boss would ride around the office on his skateboard. Sometimes we'd play catch or frisbee.

I miss those days. Now Im somewhere else and Facebook is blocked along with lots of blogs and gchat.

:-(

11. bombthreat23

bombthreat23 TRIBE Member

keep em coming guys!

12. rawd

rawd TRIBE Member

you worked for The Plague?

13. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

I really like this. Working in Healthcare we don't get an opportunity to have drinking at all. Unless of course it's setup by us outside of work.

14. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Wednesday.

It's not called Hump Day for nothin.

15. ravinjunkie

ravinjunkie TRIBE Member

<3

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  16. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

Last year I had the idea of holding Office Olympics, but I work with a bunch of geezers so I didn't go through with it.

I wanted to do stuff like, who can type the fastest or who can make 10 photocopies in fastest time and things like that.

17. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

one thing, and i can't stress this enough — brew them decent coffee!

why not arrange a weekly out of the office lunch? we do this sometimes, and it's good for bonding and just breaking routine. it also really made me feel more comfortable when i was a newb. I know someone who organizes theme lunches on fridays (i.e, greek, build a bagel, pizza day, etc).

someone mentioned free cake in the kitchen...this is nice once and a while, but my company does it pretty much non-stop (with a variety of sweets). as a girl who's trying to maintain her figure, the constant test to my will power is not appreciated.

what industry are you in?