• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

converting real audio to mp3

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jazzy Jeff

TRIBE Member
so i just got soundforge 7.0a....i need help. the real audio file is on the web and this thing looks like it can only open files on your hard drive

SJN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jazzy Jeff
so i just got soundforge 7.0a....i need help. the real audio file is on the web and this thing looks like it can only open files on your hard drive
are you talking about a streaming audio file? if so, you'll need to record/rip it first

Jazzy Jeff

TRIBE Member
ya a streaming audio file...like a .rm ....i'm trying to figure out how to record while it's playing right now but that's not working yet either.

SJN

TRIBE Member
i believe you have to configure things so that you are recording what goes through your soundcard....i know soundforge is capable of doing this (as i've done it myself)....there are also other apps around (like Total Recorder) that are designed almost exclusively for this purpose

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

vench

TRIBE Promoter
if you want to record a Real Player audio signal into SoudForge, you've to configure your sound output on the volume thingy on the taskbar.

click on that and fiddle with it. I did it once. worked ike a charm.

vench