1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

contracts

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kuba, Aug 10, 2010.

1. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Does anyone else find it irritating with the recent trend towards contract fuckups between athlete and sports team?

examples:

the nats can't sign their #1 pick
    MLB doesn't have rookie contract rules like the NBA/NHL therefore this shit happens all. the. time
    the devils clearly circumvent the salary cap rules and sign kovalchuk, after pronger et al were signed to similar deals
    the raptors are retarded when it comes to trying to get a guy in Matt Barnes, obviously didn't do their homework, deal falls apart

I'm sure there are many other examples but what the fuck is going on lately with the teams/players/leagues?

How come MLB is so retarded that they allow teams to lose their top 1st round picks and no cap on their contracts?

The NFL has it best, in my opinion.

Anyways, rant end.

2. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

there should be no guaranteed contracts, you see it all the time, huge year on contract year then slowly slide once the big contract is signed

if you arent living up to your contract, buh bye

3. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Which player picked first cant the Nats sign? Bryce Harper?

I say we wait till Monday to determine that, whats going on is normal and most teams don't sign guys till right at the deadline, both sides trying to of course getting max value.
    Harper will sign it does him no good to play somewhere else for nothing, remember he is a Boras client.

I do agree that the MLB draft needs to be updated and FIXED.

4. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Ditto.