• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Consumer products start and end with nature

JMan

TRIBE Member
I'm happy my family has pretty much scrapped gift giving. They all do it for my little son, but that's it. I think there should be a rule that once you're 16 or 18, all the money that would go to gifts go's to a favorite charity or something. I love this season now. No shopping, no wishing for stuff I really don't want or need anyways. Makes the season that much more enjoyable.

J

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
It's funny ... I'm sure most of you know how I feel about David Suzuki, but I must admit that I just recently watched the Swiffer commercial for the first time and I thought their slogan was a little odd in being so blatant about the disposability of the cloths.

angelic

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JMan
I'm happy my family has pretty much scrapped gift giving. They all do it for my little son, but that's it. I think there should be a rule that once you're 16 or 18, all the money that would go to gifts go's to a favorite charity or something. I love this season now. No shopping, no wishing for stuff I really don't want or need anyways. Makes the season that much more enjoyable.

J
Now they can find out how good "goodness" feels... have a nice day, off to school...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

angelic

TRIBE Member
Could someone elaborate on Suzuki... as you can note from my posts, I have not been here for the past however long it takes to get in 3000 posts.
Somehow, "Suzuki sucks the corporate cock like none other.", just isn't offering much of an explanation. I am sincerely interested actually, not trying to be bitchy.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by angelic
Could someone elaborate on Suzuki... as you can note from my posts, I have not been here for the past however long it takes to get in 3000 posts.
Somehow, "Suzuki sucks the corporate cock like none other.", just isn't offering much of an explanation. I am sincerely interested actually, not trying to be bitchy.
I'll give you a hint: he's "en vogue". ;)

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Life cycle analysis shows that everything starts and ends with nature. You start with procuring raw materials for your product, and end with product disposal and energy used/emissions created.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
so there for everything he says and speaks for stands for nothing?!?

thanks for the clarification :rolleyes:
Oh please. Perhaps I'm required to answer your question seriously, without injecting a bit of humour/sarcasm into the conversation. *looks around* I thought this was the TRIBE board!

P.S.: rolley-eyes should be reserved for special occasions.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

man_slut

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~atp~
Oh please. Perhaps I'm required to answer your question seriously, without injecting a bit of humour/sarcasm into the conversation. *looks around* I thought this was the TRIBE board!

P.S.: rolley-eyes should be reserved for special occasions.
In ~atp~'s defense he did put a ;) emoticon after his statement. This automatically labels his previous comment as sarcastic. Come on people! :rolleyes: (sarcastic)

:D

Aeryanna

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Colm
Suzuki sucks the corporate cock like none other.
What's wrong with David Suzuki? I thought everyone liked him. The only negative comments I've ever heard about him are from some of my friends that were in his class at UBC. They said he was a bit full of himself....but other than that, whats he done that's so bad?

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aeryanna
What's wrong with David Suzuki? I thought everyone liked him.
I find his environmentalism to be very narrow-minded and alarmist. Of course, that's pretty much how I feel about anyone who calls themselves an environmentalist.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

~atp~

TRIBE Member
it's hard to tell with you ATP, with what I've seen, you are always trying to "win" conversations...
Yes, I see you've done a wonderful job at qualifying your claim that I'm "always trying to 'win'".

...allow me to cromagnonify that statement: How could you possibly claim to know anything about me? I'm tired of Tribe drama, people are always extrapolating every user's online persona in order to indulge their own selfish behaviour, this being a perfect example.

Your clever reference to my thread on climate change is superficial, since if you had spent more than five minutes understanding my arguments in that thread you'd have realized that I was prodding (that is, encouraging) others to join the debate by intentionally sounding over-confident and *gasp* sarcastic. Often this is referred to as hyperbole, but don't worry, you're not the only one who missed my attempts at it in that thread.

Maybe I should think twice about being at least mildly creative in the stale ether of cyberspace and resort to the usual form of discussion that we see in the General Forum? I'd probably sooner cut my wrists (no offense to the occasionally-amusing wit that gets tossed around); it certainly isn't my fault if you don't understand me.

If you have a difficult time understanding me, why don't you ask for clarification? Wait, wait, allow me to preempt: David Suzuki is an "in-fashion" environmentalist. He likes to discuss subjects that receive media attention (he rarely pushes subjects that are not already popular) and while there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with that, his arguments are often intertwined with politics, and he'll always be sure to argue Science such that it aligns with the political left. I disagree with this tactic.

I can't really give you concrete examples, it's merely been my experience. I suppose I could be convinced otherwise, especially given that I am an environmentalist and a "left-wing" idealist.

Just let me know if I haven't been serious enough for you angelic, I'll try to
conform
a bit better to your expectations. :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders