• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Conspiracies

praktik

TRIBE Member
It seems to me that the conspiracy theory is not just a theory but a reality. Secret associations exist throughout the whole history of mankind and they actually influence the events, happening in the world. It's just that they achieve their goals using the hands of ordinary people. They manipulate public opinion, play on our desires and prejudices. But if all of us will ignore negative suggestions, will work on him/herself in the moral sense, will broaden their horizon, look for ways to unite instead of separate from other people, then we will create our own destiny and will be able to build a society in which everyone will enjoy living.
"Conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control.

The world is rudderless."

- Alan Moore

Further suggested reading: The Paranoid Style in American Politics | Harper's Magazine

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Huh, I'd originally read twitter was on board...

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey is letting InfoWars fly on his platform. Dorsey defended his company’s decision not to ban far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones by saying that “he hasn’t violated our rules.” Reminder: on Monday, tech giants Apple, Google, Facebook, Spotify, and YouTube kicked Jones’ content off their platforms because of apparent hate speech. Jones has peddled conspiracy theories for years. He hosts a radio show in Texas called The Alex Jones Show and is responsible for the conspiracy theorist and fake news site InfoWars. The collective crackdown is the most severe action taken by tech companies on Jones and hate speech in general.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
Um...I've never claimed to be the author of any video/news story that I've shared. Simply sharing based on what interests me, and what I've read.

Shit man, now I know how that Milo Yiannopolous (sp?) guy feels. Just getting yelled down at and bullied because people don't like it, rather than them attempting to engage in the conversation.

And on that note, I'm done in this thread. You guys are too much. Have fun.

U okay bro?

praktik

TRIBE Member
Lets all shed a tear for Milo fuckin Yiannopoulos.... <sniff>.... he flew too close to the sun.... <single tear rolls down cheek, looks off to distance wistfully>