1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Conrad Black gets bail

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jul 19, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Paul Waldie

Globe and Mail Update Published on Monday, Jul. 19, 2010 4:52PM EDT Last updated on Monday, Jul. 19, 2010 5:12PM EDT

Conrad Black has won release on bail while an appeal court reviews his conviction for fraud.

It’s not clear when Lord Black might be released. His lawyer, Miguel Estrada, said Chicago judge Amy St. Eve, who presided over the criminal trial, will have to set the terms of the bail.

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Just in time to deal with the $70 million in tax arrears US revenue is looking for from him. He needs to get earning!

3. alexd

conjugal visit with ice queen first on 2 do list!

4. alexd

5. rswbrixton

rswbrixton TRIBE Member

A good day in the courts , Capt. Semrau not guilty , and Conrad Black freed on bail - as should have been the case earlier .

IRS aside , Conrad and his counsel have taught the Americans a thing or two about their own damn laws , you cant make honest services and other legal points just vague enough to suit prosecuting officials .

I m happy for Conrad and Capt. Semrau . Did it their way

6. saskboy

saskboy TRIBE Member

Conrad was crook from the time he stole exams at Upper Canada College.

7. rswbrixton

rswbrixton TRIBE Member

Cmon now , some college pranks . Conrad did not commit any crime in the matter before the US courts , this was politics and showmanship . Non compete and other such clauses are standard business practices.

The USofA , with the help of some low level beaurcrats here , spun an awful tale on Black , Kipniss , and Radler et al . Public sentiment , politics , economy , Chicago DA jockying for a position turned complicated business into the supposed fraud of the decade ----

Spend the effort on the Berrnie Madoffs and the Ed jones - they are the pilferers

8. alexd

9. rswbrixton

rswbrixton TRIBE Member

I've always had a thing for Barbara Amiel .

Middle aged hotness !

10. alexd

By the weekend old Conrad will be eating fois gras of her collarbones with a silver spoon!

11. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

My mom was in Uni with her - same residence too. Apparently they're real and they're big.

12. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Save Canwest!

13. alexd

14. rswbrixton

rswbrixton TRIBE Member

bwahahahahh - priceless - i have had a hell of a day - this made me giggle hard !

Thankyou Alexd

15. alexd

Conrad to be out momentarily. Conditions don't seem too stringent to me.